VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Ive been waiting on a few parts for the MR2. Ive been back and forth from a few guys from mr2oc.com. Ended up picking it up, paypalling the money and getting the item shipped. Tracking number never worked for me, but I just heard back from the guy (has good trading history) and said that the item was delivered to my house USPS on 10/22/07 @12:35pm.
The only problem is neither of my roommates received it...
Any idea where to start on the problem? The guy that sent it is emailing info from USPS stating that it was dropped off.

·
Registered
2005 S2000, 2019 G70 6MT, 2019 i3 REX, 2003 XC70
16,727 Posts
Start with getting a valid tracking number so that you can see the same USPS web page that he is seeing.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Re: Shipping car part problems (jeremy80l)

If you can get a valid tracking number and see for yourself that USPS claims it was delivered, call USPS. I've complained to them before and they were more responsive than I expected. I receive and ship a lot of parts (I ship only USPS because they usually get it there in one piece -- I HATE UPS because they usually don't!) and I've had to call all of the major shippers about screw-ups at one time or another. Generally I've found them to be helpful and my problems have always been resolved. Unless you have real reason to believe the seller is lying, forget about him and go right to the shipper.
-Andrew L

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
Re: Shipping car part problems (rimtrim)

Get the valid tracking number and confirm what the shipper says.
If it's lost or stolen or damaged, UPS requires that the SHIPPER file the claim. You can contact them if it has gone poof but you can't file the claim.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts