VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2020 RS3 05 F250 99 ZX9R 82 Rabbit
1,759 Posts
Re: Short Shift on A3 GTI VR6 (lateral_g)

Try the Geiselgeek SS. I love it, it feels allot like the new 6-speed in the 24v and 337, only more positive engagement and shorter throws. After I put it in, I just said to myself that this is the way it should have came from the factory. It's only $175 and can be done with common tools in about a half hour...........

· Registered
9,031 Posts
Re: Short Shift on A3 GTI VR6 (lateral_g)

The other choice you have is B&M

· Registered
2020 RS3 05 F250 99 ZX9R 82 Rabbit
1,759 Posts
Re: Short Shift on A3 GTI VR6 (Broken96VR6)

One more thing. The DG SS reduces side-to-side throws also. None of the other kits do that, and allot of people with the Neuspeed and other kits have bought the side-to-side reduction kit from DG because they weren't satisfied with their shifter. Also, most of the other aftermarket shifters out there require you to remove the exhaust and heatshield to install their kit, which can end up costing you $100 or so...........

· Registered
612 Posts
Re: Short Shift on A3 GTI VR6 (Broken96VR6)

Bahn Brenner also sells this. They don't charge a core since it is all new parts but they don't have the side to side throw though. I don't need the s-s being that I have a 37" sleeve length.

· Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Short Shift on A3 GTI VR6 (Swamp Thing)

I Just Installed the DG kit and... WOW!!!! This is awesome. Why Neuspeed charges almost 500 for this I do not know. Hiw works as well as it sounds and it only took about an hour to install.

Thanks
Jim....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.