VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Re: Short Shifter in GTI '01 (mahoodlum)

From what I know, neuspeed as shortest front to back, autotech and deiselgeeks are the same except the DG has shortened side to side http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Short Shifter in GTI '01 (mrejda)

Well I think the autotech would be the best, the only part I am concerned with is the front to back, the throw from 1st to 2nd pisses me off to much. Autotech it is, unless someone has a specific reason I shouldn't get the Autotech?

·
Registered
927 Posts
Re: Short Shifter in GTI '01 (mahoodlum)

I have no experience with the others, but I have the DieselGeek. I like it. Install was pretty easy (and it was the first thing I've ever done to a car). Throws are noticably shorter in both directions and it's much less notchy. I tried someone's out before I got it. If you can find someone near you who has it, probably good to make sure you like the feel of whatever you choose.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Re: Short Shifter in GTI '01 (Gatorfreak)

Autotech is great for the price....But sometimes I wish I had gone with the Neuspeed. i would like a shorter throw than what the autotech delivered.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Short Shifter in GTI '01 (drm916)

quote:[HR][/HR]Autotech is great for the price....But sometimes I wish I had gone with the Neuspeed. i would like a shorter throw than what the autotech delivered.[HR][/HR]​
See that is the selling point for me, what is it $40 that is cheap, I just want to make sure that it is good quality.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.