VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room.
Atlanta, GA ~ Honda, Ducati
35,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out that I'm going to Shot Show in a few weeks in Las Vegas. I'm not 100% sure what my use will be since Honda isn't really a big gun-supporter.

Has anyone gone?
What to expect?
Anyone want to meet up for dinner?

·
Learning New Things Every Day.
'12 Earth F**ker '12 A4q '18 Q3
17,761 Posts
I just found out that I'm going to Shot Show in a few weeks in Las Vegas. I'm not 100% sure what my use will be since Honda isn't really a big gun-supporter.

Has anyone gone?
What to expect?
Anyone want to meet up for dinner?
I was almost going to go; we missed the deadline for media credentials. My buddy is going; he works for Streamlight. The Yeti folks will be there, so maybe you'll get a sticker? If you have any Honda give-aways, some reps will trade product. My buddy came home from SHOT a few years ago with two giant boxes of roto-molded product sitting on his porch.

expect a lot of khaki and polos. and some celebrities, both in the industry and those outside.

apparently Day 1 is going out to Front Sight or somewhere and shooting a lot, if you're so inclined.

·
35,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
apparently Day 1 is going out to Front Sight or somewhere and shooting a lot, if you're so inclined.
The schedule has me working from Wednesday to Friday. I am going to see my father in-between whatever Honda has planned. Thanks for the information about trading swag, although I have a question... How do I approach these people to trade?

·
17,761 Posts
The schedule has me working from Wednesday to Friday. I am going to see my father in-between whatever Honda has planned. Thanks for the information about trading swag, although I have a question... How do I approach these people to trade?
Just gotta build relationships. And I'm betting that, like PRI, many companies there are represented by the top employees, if not the owners. You don't let the local sales team handle this show.

"Man, I'd love to get my hands on something like this." "Who you with?" "Honda." "Got any generators?"

A fair amount of people will be prepper-friendly. And lots of people that are often in remote areas as part of their jobs. So anything that enables them to do more of that, easier, cheaper, faster, etc., they'll want to hear about.

Not everyone will trade, you just have to spend the time to see if they're willing.

·
35,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2018 Atlas R-Line; 2019 330xi M-Sport
32,645 Posts
Tried to convince a guy at work to go this year, but he drug his feet. He has an FFL as well as *ahem* very interesting connections to Knights Armament and a certain designer that finished his career there. There's always next year.

Have fun and stay away from the neckbeards.

·
35,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I'm wandering around, what are the rules about touching some of the merchandise? Is it like a regular gun-show where you politely ask to pick up something or does everyone just assume you are good with guns?

·
17,761 Posts
When I'm wandering around, what are the rules about touching some of the merchandise? Is it like a regular gun-show where you politely ask to pick up something or does everyone just assume you are good with guns?
being polite is always preferred. i doubt anything would be left unattended. you'll be a kid in a 1950's candy store, basically. not a freckled ginger kid in a Chuck-E-Cheese. :laugh:

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Still looking for the camo badge holder for ya, will send along some of these, swap away.

You will probably see the pin lady around, she goes every year and has a long coat with every show pin ever attached. Also see if Glock will have R.Lee Ermy there.

·
35,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also see if Glock will have R.Lee Ermy there.
I met him @ SEMA in 2012 or 2013 I think. He's a great guy.

I look forward to the badge holder, since I'm not the most "up on my gun lingo" which would make me at least look like I belong there.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I met him @ SEMA in 2012 or 2013 I think. He's a great guy.

I look forward to the badge holder, since I'm not the most "up on my gun lingo" which would make me at least look like I belong there.
Got a few more places to check, but it's been almost a decade since the last time I was there. Looks like the new ones everyone tries to get are from Geissele.

You can usually get one from them on setup day

·
35,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Another cool thing I just thought of is that I should probably be able to find someone to drill that sway bar while I'm there. The industry contacts should be wonderful!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts