VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I'm a college kid with a very limited budget. I bought a new Alpine 9833 online and a pair of Pioneer 3-way 6x8 speakers from Wal-Mart.
I decided to have them professionally installed, because I've never worked on any electrical systems in my car. The guys who were in the store were about my age -- 22/23.
First they couldn't decide if I needed an installation kit or not. I finally convinced them that I didn't. Then it took them three hours to install the deck and the two speakers. I paid about $115 for the whole deal.
Not three minutes after I had driven it away, the front left speaker started to make splattering noises then died completely. They didn't finish my car until the last minute, so the shop was already closed.
So now I have to go back to them tomorrow (after working a 9 hour shift). Then I'll probably have to have them take out the speakers, return them to Wal-Mart and get new ones. Then have them reinstall them. What a PITA!
I'm not a person who really gets mad, but should I be? I mean, could it have been faulty wiring or a damaged speaker or what? I don't know who's at fault, so I don't know if I should be mad or not.
Thanks for any help, and sorry for the long post.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Re: Should I be mad??? (DeLTA_SHocK)

Porfessionally installed? I would have issues with that statement if they didn't fully check to make sure everything was good before you left. When you take it back tomorrow for them to check it, take a look at the connections and how they wired everything. Did they solder connections or at least use high-quality crimp-on connectors? Did they wire tie or bundle wires together so everything is neat and clean? Did they test everything with you in the car before letting you go with it? Demand quality since it's what you are paying for.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Re: (FullB00STurbo)

hm i didnt' have to read far to see your problem...
.... i don't care what kind of budget your on, don't buy stuff from wallmart.... and you'll probably never know what the problem was, so you can't really blame it on the installer, and you didn't buy it from your installers, so you have no reason to be mad

·
Registered
14,361 Posts
Re: (flashback)

everyone at walmart makes min wage, which is one reason I don't support them (I don't like making billionaires richer when they pay people min wage and compel them to work after their shift is over for no pay)
I would say the install should have taken maybe an hour tops

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.