VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i'm a mechanic and i like v-dubs. i curently drive a fox wagon which is a blast. for many resons. Today on my way home i spotted a 83 rocco in front of the junk yard. so i asked the gut what he wanted. after some bargining i went to look. and came home to check rhis site. aparently it has the uasual rust but other wise the body is strait the intior is mint and its a vw
. I dont know if it runs but that dosnt scare me cuz i got my fox. my question is how much do you think is intercangeable between the two cars. my fox is a 1.8 8v with cise so my mind is working in overdrive give me some thoughts and ideas i have till friday then it goes behind the fence then it will never come back.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
If I were you... I'd consider it only if it's an '83 wolfsburg (1.8, better interior). For what $$ you can buy nice 1.8's and 16valves for, it's hard to justify an '82 or '83 with a 1.7. -Unless it's too good of a deal to pass up!
Rust, however, is a bit unusual.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (jimbilly)

yeah the rust i thought was unusal but in some post the say they rust in the rear wheel arches wich is where its at. a cuple hunded bucks dosent seem bad the car is in nice shape but needs some lovin' and new paint. its diffrent to not a lot of guys even own a vw around here.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (CarolinaRocco)

yeah i agree no catr should ever be destroyed by thoese who just dont want it. so i boight it , not because i'm charitible but because its got a mint interior with a strait body and no leaks. Beside all that i love to use unassuming german cars to beat up on ricers and stock v-8 with flowmaster exuast systems. so basicaly let the fun begin.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Re: should I buy a scirocco? (smize)

If you like the styling, buy one! Sciroccos are light and handle great! Dirt cheap, fun, motors. I think driving one feels more connected to the road, more like a real race car than a new Focus or Honda.

I recommend finding a 1980's 16v w/o rust. Buy it. Most of the parts fit on a MKI (1975- 1981) and will make a VERY fun car. Or, fix up the 16v!
You will have to spend some time and very little money to get it to work reliably. But all you need is a set of metric size wrenches.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: should I buy a scirocco? (kassenz)

well i do like to drive and that is my main motive. i own a v-8 a v-6 and so far i've gotten more driving exsitment from my 89 fox wagon. btw thanks to the fox I'm somewhat of a vw expert now. So i take delivery of my first scirocco today. first job is charge the battery and check the condition of the fluids , posibly change the fuel and oil. depending of corse if the gas is still good. I've got my fuel pressure gauge in hand ready to go.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

in case anyone looks at this post i did it. its running it took about 4 hours but it runs pretty good if i do any mods i let the fourm know about it

·
Registered
192 Posts

I like most people on this forum have multiple Sciroccos. They are by far the funnest car I've ever owed. That would also explain why I own 2 of them and they both get parked during the winter as to not let them get damaged by some jerk who doesn't know how to drive in the snow. I've Got a rabbit for that. But glas to hear you've saved another fine car from being wrecked and I hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.