VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Re: should I buy S-03's? I know, I know, search. . . (Gov_E)

Basically this tire forum sucks, I had to get that out of my system, I did a lot of research on tires and basically what I have heard from everyone is that those tires are the best you can buy. If your looking at spending a little less you should look at Toyo T1-S tires also. Both of these tires I have heard are excellent. If your looking at a 195/50/15 http://www.tirerack.com has a special going on the S0-3's which you cant beat.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: should I buy S-03's? I know, I know, search. . . (WindsorBlueakapurple)

wow, thanks for the help.
My tires are the bizarre 225/45/17's that no one seems to stock.
The guys at the shop downtown said 550 for two s-03's installed, seems a bit steep to me. . . I'll check out those Toyo's.

·
Registered
195 Posts

Ya thats the only problem with those tires there so expensive. You could get them for 164 each from the tirerack. If your looking for a good cheap tire look at the Kumho 712 for 100 each or if you want more grip look at the Nitto NT555.

[Modified by WindsorBlueakapurple, 10:36 PM 4-9-2002]

·
Banned
8,990 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]I've searched and searched and searched, but still can't find good info from vortexers on replacing the stupid OE tires on my GTI.
So, S-03's, good choice?[HR][/HR]​
ttt of the this forum "that sucks" FAQ-Tire Tech, online Tire survey.
Tire Tech: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=146693
Tire Survey: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/index.jsp
Comments from VW owners that have purchased S-03's: http://www.tirerack.com/survey/SurveyComments.jsp

·
Banned
8,990 Posts
Re: should I buy S-03's? I know, I know, search. . . (WindsorBlueakapurple)

quote:[HR][/HR]Basically this tire forum sucks, I had to get that out of my system....[HR][/HR]​
Real constructive, Winsor.
Please direct me to the Tire Wheel Forum that is to your liking. I don't control the traffic to this forum. You are the people that are gonna make it happen here. Visit, help Dub brothers out, answer posts if you know the answer. I am suppose to moderate. Have I lost sight of what moderate means? Are the other forums moderators expected to answer every post? I'm one guy with a sales job. I suppose to be answering the phone at The Tire Rack 10 hours a day. I'm here when I can be. If you think I moderate here for the money, buddy are you misled. I am a Dub freak and probably was before many of you started to drive. It's freakin' 9:30pm here. No one else is in the building and I'm here wondering if this is worth it. Some of you guys make me feel like buying a Honda and going back to answering regular e-mail. No matter how hard ya try, some people are never satisfied.
What do you want from this forum, from me??? What can I do better? What would you do to make this a better forum?
I'm getting pretty tired of all the complaining so I really hope this is constructive.
Eric

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: should I buy S-03's? I know, I know, search. . . ([email protected])

Thank you Eric.
I think the griping was just due to the lack of posted info, not the lack of friendly help. This forum only gets 1/10th of the traffic of the 1.8t or Golf IV forums. . .
I for one, came here and got more than my fill of good stuff.
Thanks again Eric, I think I owe you a

·
Registered
195 Posts

Im sorry if I made anyone one mad, by me saying sucks I really meant there is just not enough people that visit this part of vwvortex. Like in golf3/Jetta3 you get feedback within the same day from many people. When I asked questions here I was usually just talking to myself lol. I think that if more people, including myself started answering questions this forum would be much better. Personally I give moderaters so much credit for doing what they do. I mean are you guys getting paid, your prolly the only one keeping this forum going. Anyway I got if you Eric or anyone else knows has any feedback on the NT555 from Nitto that would be much appreciated. Thanx

·
Registered
2,803 Posts

Just bought the SO-3, and it is a really confidence inspiring tire. Combined with a lowered entered of gravity, motor mounts, its almost worth it. But, only if the Corrado or any VW was RWD, then it'll be really worth while.

·
Banned
8,990 Posts
Re: should I buy S-03's? I know, I know, search. . . (JoeBoxerVR6)

All I can say is, tell 'em, bring 'em with you, get the word out. I appreciate knowledgable people giving a hand here. And, I appreciate the helpful folks that do help out here. More is good. I know that I don't know everything, and don't claim to. Please feel free to pass pass that along to those who make derogatory statements about me. I really would like to make this forum fly high and I know it could. This is your forum not mine. But like being a patriot you have to participate to make it work.
I don't sell Nitto so can't offer objective feedback.
Oh and I don't get paid to moderate here.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts

Love my S-03s...only 1 week old but already head and shoulders above the Yoko A509 they replaced. Quiet, supple, responsive, stiff, I am really enjoying myself every day. Can't wait to reallly drive them

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.