Votes: 58 49.2%
  • Talking about stocks is showing off

Votes: 30 25.4%
1501 - 1520 of 1553 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Golf R, 2016 Chevy Volt, 2012 BMW M3
2,890 Posts
Well that to the moon stuff seems to have hit a mountain. If you bought since 11/24, you're underwater. In my opinion any price over $35 is way overpriced and unsupported by their future prospects, or current operations.

I guess we'll see though.

·
Registered
Tippy Austrian and Practical Czech
1,059 Posts
Well that to the moon stuff seems to have hit a mountain. If you bought since 11/24, you're underwater. In my opinion any price over $35 is way overpriced and unsupported by their future prospects, or current operations.
Yet GME is back up flirting with $200 based on magic and unicorns.

From $4 to $500 down to $40 back to $200.... Dafuq.

·
Premium Member
Vermonter ~ '20 Si Sedan – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
36,691 Posts

1st Gear: Tesla’s Stock Is Down
Tesla is, as of this writing, valued at $540 billion, but that is down from the $834 billion peak that its market capitalization reached in January, itself an unreal number. This is all, of course, tied to how Tesla’s stock is doing on Nasdaq. Tesla’s fall has continued since last week. Reuters says that it could be due for more damage:
Shares of Tesla Inc closed lower for a fifth consecutive session on Monday, caught in a tech-led selloff that has wiped more than $277 billion off the company’s market value over the last month.

High-flying tech stocks, which powered the market’s rebound from the pandemic lows in March last year, have been hit by a one-two punch of rising yields and investors shifting funds to sectors poised to benefit from a recovery in the global economy aided by accelerated rollouts of COVID-19 vaccines.
“People went into this stock super aggressively to drive it from $40 to $900, and that means will usually come out just as fast,” said Roth Capital Partners analyst Craig Irwin.
“It was obviously overdone both at $200, and I would say well overdone at $900. Retail often doesn’t sell as fast as the institutions, so the correction could last longer than for other tech stocks.”
By “retail” that analyst is referring to individual people who go on websites like Robinhood and plunk down some money for shares of Tesla, as opposed to big funds who buy in because Tesla became part of the S&P 500 or something. Retail investors are stans, largely, which is not necessarily a bad thing but usually a bit irrational.

That said, what I wouldn’t give to go back to when I was in college and a big fan of a company called Apple that made neat weird computers and whose stock cost around 25 cents.

·
Registered
2016 A6, 2014 X3, 1967 Bus, 1963 356
22,776 Posts
Hit sell limits and completely exited this meme, I simply don't have enough time to watch this every minute. Now cheering from sidelines while I decide on next move.

·
Registered
Ci, Xi
1,219 Posts
AMC and GME have massive drops at the same time then immediately shoot back up... Nope, nothing to see here

GME dropped 176$ in 20 minutes, over 50% from it's high at 348, to 172, and is still green for the day at the time of writing at 260

·
Registered
Tippy Austrian and Practical Czech
1,059 Posts
Anyone cashing out their GME? Was at $344
Trading hours are from 0030 to 0700 over here so following minute by minute is pretty much impossible. Cashed out at opening ($265) and ended in the black, which I did not expect last week.

·
Premium Member
Bunch of Crappy VWs
3,996 Posts

·
Registered
46,797 Posts
Since you guys made so much on GME, silver is the next big bet

·
Registered
Ci, Xi
1,219 Posts
Yeah I hope that's a troll, silver got pumped and dumped over a month ago as a diversion. It was artificial, not really redditor pushed. I mean look at how the media has been treating GME compared to silver or weed stocks

1501 - 1520 of 1553 Posts