Votes: 58 49.2%
  • Talking about stocks is showing off

Votes: 30 25.4%
1521 - 1540 of 1553 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Golf R, 2016 Chevy Volt, 2012 BMW M3
2,890 Posts
Well, gamblers always brag about winning, but you never hear about the deposits they make.
Can say that about pretty much every single meme investor, Tesla fanatic, etc, etc. None of them will beat an S&P 500 index fund because their winners will never gain enough to overcome their losers.

It's been proven over and over again. Not nearly as exciting, just the best way to turn $1 into $2, instead of wildly turning it into $1.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Craig Irwin is a dumbass and I can't believe idiots still read his "analysis" on TSLA. Last year he set a target for $350 pre-split, thats all you need to know about the man. Judging from you posting just the headline, you likely have no clue about stocks or the EV market.

·
Registered
2016 A6, 2014 X3, 1967 Bus, 1963 356
22,776 Posts
Craig Irwin is a dumbass and I can't believe idiots still read his "analysis" on TSLA. Last year he set a target for $350 pre-split, thats all you need to know about the man. Judging from you posting just the headline, you likely have no clue about stocks or the EV market.
Agreed on the first part, but your second part is a bit harsh. That analyst is one opinion in a sea of opinions.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
You're absolutely right. If anything he's way too optimistic.

They should probably be around $40 share price max. But a bubble knows no limits, until it pops of course.

·
Registered
50 Posts
You're absolutely right. If anything he's way too optimistic.

They should probably be around $40 share price max. But a bubble knows no limits, until it pops of course.
It should be $40 so people like you who missed out can ride the wave? Then I fully support a 10:1 split! I've already made a good chunk of change thanks to Mr. Musk so I have no qualms about sharing. I've been a long term investor since 2018 and during that time my wife has been able to retire early :)

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
It should be $40 so people like you who missed out can ride the wave? Then I fully support a 10:1 split! I've already made a good chunk of change thanks to Mr. Musk so I have no qualms about sharing. I've been a long term investor since 2018 and during that time my wife has been able to retire early :)
Okay.

And plenty of people sold early on the dot com bubble and made out. Has nothing to do with all the people who will be left holding the bag when the bubble bursts.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Okay.

And plenty of people sold early on the dot com bubble and made out. Has nothing to do with all the people who will be left holding the bag when the bubble bursts.
You must be the most considerate person on this planet, worrying about others potential financial burdens. Jesus of The Financial Lounge. Not even the SEC can match you since they don't seem to give a **** about anything.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
You must be the most considerate person on this planet, worrying about others potential financial burdens. Jesus of The Financial Lounge. Not even the SEC can match you since they don't seem to give a **** about anything.
Oh I should post gifs of rockets and diamonds, as I watch people loudly and ignorantly proclaiming this the greatest stock ever?
In spite of literally any financial numbers, historically accepted ratios, or even a business model that supports the wildly over priced stock price?

No thanks.

I've seen this show enough times, with precious metals, tech stocks, etc etc. a bubble is a bubble is a bubble.

·
Registered
Ci, Xi
1,221 Posts
💎👐

It's clear that Reddit is below a man of your standing, but if you could bring yourself to stoop to their level you'd see that there's actually a ton of data trawling and discussion based on SEC filings, FINRA data, traditional technical analysis, etc, that someone like you who actually does have knowledge (not sarcasm this time) may find intriguing or able to offer a data based counter argument. But now you're offering empty conjecture of "I've seen this before". You were adamant that everyone sell GME at $40 because the "flowers have wilted" and then it shot up 7x the price and has been maintaining at 5x that price. 🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Judging from you posting just the headline, you likely have no clue about stocks or the EV market.
sooo you're a tesla fanboi who joined the vortex last week, to be a dikc? thanks for joining :rolleyes:. welcome to the vortex, and my block list.

·
Registered
50 Posts
What does my join date have to do with anything you said? It's curious how you have people that blindly invest in mutual funds provide non-constructive input on financial threads. My portfolio is 10% TSLA, I am not a "fanboi" and likely much older than you in age.

·
Registered
365 Posts
One rule that's served me well, If headed for a recession or bear market bias towards collectibles/art/commodities and secured loans/bonds (e.g. buy back America's debt and Pokemon cards). So last January, reinvesting in company stock isn't something I'd do without a clear reason.

1521 - 1540 of 1553 Posts