VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
IG @apissues
15,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It’s being torn down to the bare shell and being re-insulated anyways…

Edit: to clarify, it’s a Sonic Blue 2003 Cobra drag car being made into an Aussie burnout-style car.

Considering PTS Nato Olive with yellow calipers and seat belts.
Land vehicle Car Vehicle Tire Wheel

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Window

Wheel Vehicle Car Tire Hood

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Ascent & 2022 Ford F150 (ordered)
4,057 Posts
I readh the title and came to post foerst service green because it's one of my favorite colors for a car. However, that Porsche green is so freaking cool.

Here's forest service green anyway.

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
7,180 Posts
I feel like painting it a Porsche color is trying to make it something it's not, but that's just me. It's just a color, but it feels weird.

Just as PTS would surely never let you put a "crappy" Ford color on one of their cars you were ordering, I'd say find something from the domestic wheelhouse to put on this car.

·
Registered
E46 330ci coupe
11,604 Posts
I feel like painting it a Porsche color is trying to make it something it's not, but that's just me. It's just a color, but it feels weird.

Just as PTS would surely never let you put a "crappy" Ford color on one of their cars you were ordering, I'd say find something from the domestic wheelhouse to put on this car.
I'm 100% with you. They are colors from different universes. The cars are so different that the color won't translate.

·
Registered
E46 330ci coupe
11,604 Posts
Why wouldn’t it look good exactly?

It would be just a bit different than other stock green examples:
View attachment 148317
View attachment 148318

IMO there's a depth to these greens that accent the more muscular angles. There are more upright and horizontal surfaces on the Mustang so the paint being 'deeper' helps it stay interesting. It fits the design of the car

The Porsche's lines are more suited for a shallower non-metallic paint.

It's your car, but to be honest I think if you paint it the Porsche color it's going to look cheaper than if you used a Ford color.

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
No. Not a good looking color for an SN95.
Agreed. If you like green, why not Dark Highland Green like a 2001 Bullitt?

It could be as simple as having strong subconscious associations between certain cars and certain aesthetics, but I personally prefer period-correct colors on just about everything. There are of course exceptions but in my own subjective opinion, that Porsche green just wouldn't look "right".

·
Registered
IG @apissues
15,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
IMO there's a depth to these greens that accent the more muscular angles. There are more upright and horizontal surfaces on the Mustang so the paint being 'deeper' helps it stay interesting. It fits the design of the car

The Porsche's lines are more suited for a shallower non-metallic paint.

It's your car, but to be honest I think if you paint it the Porsche color it's going to look cheaper than if you used a Ford color.
Solid point! Thank you

Edit: that’s probably also the reason why cement-ish grey colors look awful on this body style.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts