VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car is under my mom. It's a 20th ae IY GTI. There are quite a few dents on the roof and 2-3 on the hood. The hail was a few weeks ago and I just noticed. I have a 500$ detuctible.
Can all these be poped out or should they be replaced?

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (Srbskikontraktor)

Quote, originally posted by Srbskikontraktor »
yes they can be popped, claim it through insurance since it will cost more to repair than 500 bucks

Any ideas on how much?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Re: Should I claim hail demage to insurance? (PolskiHetzen)

usually if theres hail dents on the hood it will need replacing since there hard to pop these dents out, but if its just a few then they coudl attempt to repair the few dents but ya if you go to fix it yourself later it woudl cost probably bewteen 1000-1500 to repair, let insurance pay for it now

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Should I claim hail demage to insurance? (Erff_JettaGL)

Quote, originally posted by Erff_JettaGL »
usually if theres hail dents on the hood it will need replacing since there hard to pop these dents out, but if its just a few then they coudl attempt to repair the few dents but ya if you go to fix it yourself later it woudl cost probably bewteen 1000-1500 to repair, let insurance pay for it now

are they likely to replace the hood?

·
Registered
11,472 Posts

Quote, originally posted by PolskiHetzen »
are they likely to replace the hood?

I saw that at the shop yesterday.....
Thats messed up but insurance will cover it for sure.....

·
Registered
7,704 Posts

Mike,
Start the process with you insurance co. by claiming that you recieved hail damage on your car. The thing that sucks is, since you noticed it this late they will probably scrutinize it a bit, but when the adjuster see's it he will believe you. I have Progressive and I had to make a claim this summer. They asked me when and where, and what time frame. I think if you be honest with them and say "I just noticed this and it may have been a few weeks ago, it's hard to tell on the paint color of my car. I am positive that it is hail damage though, and I think if an adjuster were to look at the car they will agree with me."
In my case, the adjuster came out, and she wrote the estimate WAY low! $970. I went to the body shop and had them look it over, and his contract Paintless Dent Removal Guy thought it cost more, so he wrote a counter estimate for $1,900 which was closer to reality. Then, we called the insurance co. and explained that the PDR guy thought there was more damage then the adjuster saw, and they agreed to look at the car again and see the PDR guy's estimate. In the end, they wrote a 2nd check to equal a total of $1,600.
The guy's work came out FLAWLESS. All the roof dents were gone, and so was the pretty serious ones on the sides I paid him extra to do. The only thing I didn't like, is that it left some very small marks in the clearcoat where the deepest dents were. I am having the body shop give it a wetsand and buff when I get it painted in some other areas soon, so I will let you know how that comes off. If you want to know who did it for me, shoot me a PM. He's out in the Palatine area.

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Should I claim hail demage to insurance? (AutoX-FIB)

Quote, originally posted by AutoX-FIB »
Mike,
Start the process with you insurance co. by claiming that you recieved hail damage on your car. The thing that sucks is, since you noticed it this late they will probably scrutinize it a bit, but when the adjuster see's it he will believe you. I have Progressive and I had to make a claim this summer. They asked me when and where, and what time frame. I think if you be honest with them and say "I just noticed this and it may have been a few weeks ago, it's hard to tell on the paint color of my car. I am positive that it is hail damage though, and I think if an adjuster were to look at the car they will agree with me."
In my case, the adjuster came out, and she wrote the estimate WAY low! $970. I went to the body shop and had them look it over, and his contract Paintless Dent Removal Guy thought it cost more, so he wrote a counter estimate for $1,900 which was closer to reality. Then, we called the insurance co. and explained that the PDR guy thought there was more damage then the adjuster saw, and they agreed to look at the car again and see the PDR guy's estimate. In the end, they wrote a 2nd check to equal a total of $1,600.
The guy's work came out FLAWLESS. All the roof dents were gone, and so was the pretty serious ones on the sides I paid him extra to do. The only thing I didn't like, is that it left some very small marks in the clearcoat where the deepest dents were. I am having the body shop give it a wetsand and buff when I get it painted in some other areas soon, so I will let you know how that comes off. If you want to know who did it for me, shoot me a PM. He's out in the Palatine area.

What insurance company?

·
Registered
694 Posts

I've had two of my vehicles damaged and repaired from hail in the last 3 months my cars are insured through state farm as well. You need to have someone at the body shop go over the car with the insurance adjuster if not they will low ball you.

·
Registered
694 Posts

My recieved $2100 for the expedition although they replaced the hood they did PDR the roof just the roof alone was $900 alone. My Ram is still at the shop but I think it was around $1500 mainly the roof and hood.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts

Quote, originally posted by PolskiHetzen »
What's a Golf hood made out of?

Did you claim it yet man? I'm guessing that a really bad roof, hood, and fenders and/or quarter panels will range from $1,500 - $2,000. Call me tonight, I have something else I wanna tell you about this.

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Quote, originally posted by AutoX-FIB »

Did you claim it yet man? I'm guessing that a really bad roof, hood, and fenders and/or quarter panels will range from $1,500 - $2,000. Call me tonight, I have something else I wanna tell you about this.

I don't have your number. IM it to me por favor. And I haven't claimed it yet. I'm still thinking but I'll probably do it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.