VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
should I paint my Monte Carlo wheels? I was thinking that because two of rims suffer from some bad surface damage/curbage I might as well take a weekend and prep and paint them. I was thinking flat black with a tropical orange time attack style lip. would this be hot or not? I want your honest opinion.

Pix of my car:

Thanks

Modified by kylecreegan at 11:42 PM 11-1-2007

·
Registered
7,763 Posts
Re: (mike619)

honestly, i painted my SANTA MONICAS, and its been my biggest regret of things ive done to my car, if you arent getting it done professionally, or you dont know how to REALLY do it right, dont do it, its going to look like ish

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Re: (pyro520)

i voted study because 1 its what i should be doing and 2 because i dont understand why everyone paints there freaking montes they are goo looking as is and to paint the entire thing flat black is crazy. i can understand the insides but the entire thing just looks cheap and crappy! imo

·
Registered
7,763 Posts
Re: (jettalvr41)

Quote, originally posted by jettalvr41 »
i can understand the insides but the entire thing just looks cheap and crappy! imo

i agree and thats why i regret painting mine, a gloss black or satin black powdercoat finish would look a lot better, but from my experiences spray painting your wheels is just a bad idea...sure it looks good at first, but give it 1 or 2 months and you'll start to hate it
and if you ever need to replace your tires, the mounting machine is going to tear up the paint on the lip so easily

Modified by sterkrazzy at 12:06 AM 11-2-2007

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Re: (pyro520)

I had a nasty scuff on one wheel from the PO, and I am going with a red/black theme for the exterior of my car, so I sanded and painted my montes. I think they turned out really well, especially for a rattlecan. Use lots of primer and lay your clearcoat down thick otherwise you'll get a weird haze on the color. I used "graphite" for the actual color. Also, tape off the little fake screws. It looks MUCH better than just blacking out the whole wheel.
Mine, done about 4 months ago:

Modified by Mk2Fever at 4:05 AM 11-2-2007

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sorry no beer pong here. only "pound around" if u dont know the game watch beer fest ull love it
anyways thanks for your guys opinions. i think over Christmas break ill do something with the wheels. I know i have a friend who does powder coating so im gunna look into that

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.