VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im flashing back to memories of getting the 2.0

so i bought ps2 on sunday along with metal gear solid 2. it was a toss up between ps2 and xbox, but i went to a few stores, they didnt have xbox so i was like aaa what the hell, i'll get the ps2. so far i like ps2 and mgs2 a lot, but is there something im missing with the other console? my friend brought his xbox over the same night i bought the ps2. he brought dead or alive 3 (which i previously played many times at his house) and project gotham racing. pgr was friggin amazing, the graphics are incredible, and i dont believe ps2 can come out with a car game that can touch those graphics. but so im wondering, was it a bad choice to get ps2..i hear there's a lot coming out for xbox, and cd ripping along with 50000 blocks of saving space are awesome. the graphics are so crisp. so clear. but everyone's saying ps2 will have the better games. oh and needless to say, my friend and i played mgs2 for most of the time he was over
i guess if xbox does get some really good stuff, i'll buy one later on. hell, the ps2 is in my brothers room. i just walked in and he has a dvd playing while he's sleeping. that little bastard.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Re: Should I Regret My PS2 Purchase? (dj tanner)

Dude, don't sweat it. I am the biggest supporter of Xbox, I preordered a bundle and have been enjoying it ever since. But I've missed out on:
MGS2
Splashdown
GTA3
Tony Hawk 3 (even though I beat it over my friends house)
Jak and Daxter (looks strangely cool)
more to come...
There is no doubt Xbox has its Shiz together. 10 gb hard drive, ethernet, most powerful graphics of any home console, and a controller which IS GOOD. In the end it is still all about the games though. Granted some of those listed will be coming out on Xbox in the next couple months, they are out now on PS2. I truly enjoy Halo and PGR, and Madden (while frustratingly hard for a non-football player) is enjoyable. The news of Halo being internet compatable via some hackers and hubs is big news, and I will be trying it out as soon as I can move my TV into my room. Both systems have bright futures so you'll be ok. With Christmas coming up, if you still want Xbox get it then, you'll have best of both worlds! Just enjoy the PS2 and if you don't....SELL IT!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Re: Should I Regret My PS2 Purchase? (Jettaguy87)

How can you say the XBox controller is good. It is the most uncmfortable pos I have ever held.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Re: Should I Regret My PS2 Purchase? (krakboi)

quote:[HR][/HR]How can you say the XBox controller is good. It is the most uncmfortable pos I have ever held.
[HR][/HR]​
uhh yea, i agree, the xbox controller sucks

·
Registered
844 Posts
Re: Should I Regret My PS2 Purchase? (LIQUIX)

Gamecube controller is nice and snug in my hand ...very nice but at this point it is diffently not the better system of the three BUT WAIT
Metroid is coming HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA

[Modified by Prognosis, 6:43 AM 11-28-2001]

·
Registered
9,810 Posts
Re: Should I Regret My PS2 Purchase? (LIQUIX)

quote:[HR][/HR]How can you say the XBox controller is good. It is the most uncmfortable pos I have ever held.

uhh yea, i agree, the xbox controller sucks[HR][/HR]​
i think it depends how big your hands are, i am 6'5" and i HATE how small teh sony and nintendo controllers are.

·
Registered
23,018 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]pgr was friggin amazing, the graphics are incredible, and i dont believe ps2 can come out with a car game that can touch those graphics.[HR][/HR]​
Ummm...have you ever played GT3: A-Spec? The graphics are crisper, cleaner, and the environments are better. I'm now a supporter of the XBOX (especially since GameCube is just a more powerful N64...same stupid-ass proprietary media), but Project Gotham doesn't hold a candle to GT3. Then again, I didn't like MSR on the DC, so I may be biased. I hate arcadey racing games...damned GT series has spoiled me.
PS2 has the software power, XBOX has the hardware power...I'm going to be getting both again (sold my PS2 a month back) and when games are released for both systems, I'll likely be buying the XBOX versions. The XBOX controller does suck big ones though...the DC controller is still my all-time fave.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Re: Should I Regret My PS2 Purchase? (SchrickVR6)

I honestly think the xbox's graphics aren't as good as gamecube's... Not yet anyways. The xbox's graphics look like a high end PC game, which still has jaggies, and halo doesn't run all that smooth. rogue leaders textures are so much more smooth and colorful. Some of the tricks super monkey ball uses are incredible too. Smash bro's looks insane too...
From what i've seen/played on xbox, it is good, dont get me wrong, but it needs time to uncover the power it has...
Also, you gotta realize, nintendo has done things their own way since they have started. They are going to continue to be different in their designs. I think the gamecube is a much better designed system then the xbox. The compactness is awesome, and alot lighter then xbox.... I also have big hands, and find the gamecube controller to be very comfortable even after a long time playing monkeyball....

[Modified by GTI JIM, 8:46 AM 11-28-2001]

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Re: Should I Regret My PS2 Purchase? (SchrickVR6)

quote:[HR][/HR]Ummm...have you ever played GT3: A-Spec?
[HR][/HR]​
I second that. This game is the reason I bought a PS2 last week. It's become my new second job.

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Re: Should I Regret My PS2 Purchase? (ThunderGolf)

I wonder what Metroid will be like?
I hated the original one.
I am not going to buy an xbox, but I will be buying a PS2.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Re: Should I Regret My PS2 Purchase? (audiness)

quote:[HR][/HR]I wonder what Metroid will be like? I hated the original one.[HR][/HR]​
Really? Wow, Metroid's always been one of my favorites. I've played through the NES, SNES and Gameboy versions dozens of times. For me, N64's biggest dissapointment was not having a new Metroid game.

·
Registered
6,593 Posts
Re: Should I Regret My PS2 Purchase? (Bob Opla)

quote:[HR][/HR]For me, N64's biggest dissapointment was not having a new Metroid game.[HR][/HR]​
I second that one...
Passatrcr

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
Re: Should I Regret My PS2 Purchase? (passatrcr)

Should your regret your PS2 purchase? No way.
Right now it has the best games available right now. If graphics are the biggest thing to you, then jump ship to Xbox. But currently, you're not missing much. The only real reason Halo is such a huge hit on Xbox is because it wasn't released on PC first. It's not that much different than any other FPS.
DOA3? You have Tekken 4 and VF4 just around the corner for PS2.
PGR? Cool game, but can't hold a candle to GT3 for playing experience. Reminds me of a hi-po version of the Ridge Racer series. Which isn't much of a good thing.
What else do you have left til next year?A few remakes are on the way for Xbox this season but beyond that, not much else.
At least hold out til Final Fantasy X to make your decision.

[Modified by Code-7, 3:58 PM 12-13-2001]

·
Registered
7,418 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]im flashing back to memories of getting the 2.0

and project gotham racing. the graphics are incredible, and i dont believe ps2 can come out with a car game that can touch those graphics.
[HR][/HR]​
I don't think you have ever seen Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Re: Should I Regret My PS2 Purchase? (robgti)

I agree, I love my PS2 and as of right now with all the games, you cant go wrong. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: Should I Regret My PS2 Purchase? (SnowbrdrVW)

hey thanks guys
im really liking this system now

gta3 is a real nice game even though i couldnt stand it at first.
so to answer my own question...no, i shouldnt regret buying it

·
Registered
943 Posts

man don't forget about the tekken series. Tekken Tag Tournament for the ps2 is just as good if not better than DoA3. Plus Tekken four is due out on Ps2 in march!!! Tekken four is the Sh!t!!! I go to the arcade at lease once a week just to play it!

·
Registered
27,070 Posts
Re: Should I Regret My PS2 Purchase? (Bob Opla)

quote:[HR][/HR]dreamcast controller=ultimate
gamecube is best of new systems[HR][/HR]​
Dude.....crack is bad ok?
The Dreamcast controller makes my whole hand sore from playing F355 for more then 1/2 hour, it's probably one of the worst designed controllers yet. Gamecube? Are we 12? Do we need Mario smash brothers on every system?

NO THANKS

Piney

[Modified by PineappleMonkey, 10:35 AM 12-17-2001]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts