VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
Re: Should I replace the timing belt myself or save myself the headache? (TexasCorradoG60)

Changed my timing belt last night. If I wasn't already doing so much work in that area of the engine bay already it would have been much more of a pain in the ass than it already was. Over all things went pretty smoothly once I got a 12pt 19mm socket to put on the crank so I could get the serp pulley off. In retrospect I wish I had loosened the hex head bolts before I took v belt and serp belt off. After that the hardest thing to do was check and recheck that I had everything lined up properly (very stressful) I turned the engine by hand a couple of times and didn't hear any valves colliding with pistons so I think I am all right
. Anyway, good luck if you have any questions email me, but the bentley explains it pretty well once you connect the words/with the pictures/with what you are doing-if that makes any sense at all!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.