VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 GTI VR6 with 4,000 miles and some dumb ass hit me 2 months ago. Now my car is georgous looking (due to 4motion front and rears, euro bumper 25th Ann. side skirts and a carbon fiber hood, all courtesy of his insurance company) but has a Damage Disclosure. I have a chance to unload it on a 2001 Acura Integra GSR. It has 15,000 miles, a full catback system, 17 inch Momos wrapped in sh**y Khumos, and about a 3000 system. It is sitting on a dealer lot. They are going to give me 18,400 for mine but want 20,900 for theirs. High book is 19,000. I told them I would do it for a thousand difference in trade. The sales guys basically told me to go jump but he would see what the used car would do. I mean it is a VW, Audi lot who wants a g'd out Integra sitting on it. The reason I would get rid of it is because the insurance company will pay my loan off from the difference in trade. Nobody else will even look at my car.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Re: Should I sell my GTI for an Integra? (GTI*VR6)

what do you use your car for? If you just cruise around, and want a nice daily driver, I'd probably stick with the VW. It would be a bit more comfortable to drive around town.
The Integra will be a bit more overtly sporty, a bit louder, and the insurance will most likely be higher. If you want to get into AutoX or something like that, the Integra will probably be a better peformer.
If you just need to unload the car to avoid getting stuck, then go for it. The GSR is a very nice little car. $21k seems high for a used one though.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Should I sell my GTI for an Integra? (vapor)

I would love to keep the GTI but it worth about 5,000 less then what I owe due to the damage. I figure the Integra is over priced by about 2,000 so I would start upside down on it but what is worse, upside down on a Damage Disclosure GTI or a clean titled Integra.

·
Registered
'94 Corrado/ '07 997tt/ '18 GC SRT
28,951 Posts
Re: Should I sell my GTI for an Integra? (TwoLitreVW)

If it would help out your finances, then I would say do it. You can always get another VW.
However, if you just want to drive a different car, I don't think I would. My roommate has a GSR with all the bolt-on fixins, except cams. Yuck! My stock Corrado ripped it up on the highway. Plus, it was so unpleasantly loud.
Tom
94 SLC
86 Jetta coupe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.