VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering getting something a little more practical as college life is a bit more expensive than i anticipated. I am looking at somethng like a 2002/2003 GTI 1.8t.
I am currently leasing a 2001 extended cab Z71 which I could just end up selling and buying my way out, and would probably end up leasing (then buying) the GTI as well.
what are you guys opinons? would you do the same?
btw, just in case you dont know what it is:
http://www.geocities.com/justinbailey

[Modified by FASTZ71, 3:02 AM 8-9-2002]

·
Registered
982 Posts
Re: Should I trade in my 2001 4x4 silverado for a GTI? (FASTZ71)

quote:[HR][/HR]Should I trade in my 2001 4x4 silverado for a GTI?[HR][/HR]​
Can't compare dude..... but yeah, i think it's pratical for college use if that's what you are looking for....

·
Registered
33 Posts

If I were you I would totally get the GTi! Once you get the feel for a "sports car" you will not want to go back to trucks! Especially not for city driving!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Re: Should I trade in my 2001 4x4 silverado for a GTI? (jeremyt)

i had a blazer before which is probably faster than your silverado, but im not trying to rip, just guessing. the real fact is that, going from the blazer to the 1.8t gti lol it felt like a super car. then a little apr chip work and its soo sick. now more 20 mph around a turn so u dont roll. get the gti and be a happy young man while u still can..... wifeys and kids dont mix well with a fast dub IMO

[Modified by 02GTI1.8Tsilver, 12:40 AM 8-9-2002]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

well, ive had a sports car before, 1990 300zx TT. cars are fun, but so are trucks. like you said above, city driving sucks.
just wondering, how fast was the blazer?

·
Registered
2,730 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]I am considering getting something a little more practical as college life is a bit more expensive than i anticipated. I am looking at somethng like a 2002/2003 GTI 1.8t.
I am currently leasing a 2001 extended cab Z71 which I could just end up selling and buying my way out, and would probably end up leasing (then buying) the GTI as well.
what are you guys opinons? would you do the same?
btw, just in case you dont know what it is:
http://www.geocities.com/justinbailey

[Modified by FASTZ71, 3:02 AM 8-9-2002][HR][/HR]​
They are two VERY different vehicles. Ask yourself "Do I want a truck or a car (hatchback)." Then base your decision. Trucks are cool to be macho and everything, but cars are more fun and more practical (gas mileage) unless you're towing/hauling stuff.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Re: Should I trade in my 2001 4x4 silverado for a GTI? (brent0226)

first off nice truck. You really need to decide if a truck or a hatchback is going to be better for you in the long run. if you want a hatchback then get the GTI, if u want a truck, keep what youve got. And you should go take a testdrive

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.