VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Re: Should the ASR idiot light... (Bug_Power)

the long answer is that it blinks when your front wheels are spinning faster than your rear ones, so it electronically "lets off the throttle" a little for you. (gotta love letting the computer control your throttle...)

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Re: Should the ASR idiot light... (spaceman_spiff)

Although I agree that ASR is a real drag when you forget it on and try to launch hard, I have a friend of mine who had a 97 or earlier Passat with ASR that did not have a switch for on/off. He told me that he perfected his launch technique by teaching himself to launch with no wheel spin and therefore never loosing due to cut back throttle. I think it would be a GREAT idea to practice launching with asr enabled and learning to control your car so it goes and doesn't spin in place
. Just a thought...

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Re: Should the ASR idiot light... (VW Pilot)

Stupid question:
How do you turn it off?
I thought if the light was always on (after i press the button on the dash), then ASR was activated.
Hmm...I guess that skipped by me when i read the manual...

·
Banned
7,500 Posts
Re: Should the ASR idiot light... (jakester101)

definitly turn that thing off if you are trying to accelerate hard. If it hits, it drops the throttle and dumps all your boost. Very annoying.
We need someone to come up with a way to recalibrate how it operates with chipped cars.
Its way too conservative and comes on far too often.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Re: Should the ASR idiot light... (Cypher2k)

My ASR light has been on for the last 3 months and wont turn off. Even if i push the button the light doesnt turn off i guess im stuck without it. Or should i reset my ECU?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.