VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Should there be a seperate forum for coilpack problems??? (Helicon Twist)

I agree....You could have lot's of different forums just about MkIV issues, I just felt that since the Coilpack problem is so big, it might be deserving of it's own place for discussion. Would make it easier for people looking for coilpack info. The sticky we have now is getting huge.
Also it would make it easier to do searches for detailed questions

[Modified by jrjay, 3:59 PM 1-28-2003]

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Re: Should there be a seperate forum for coilpack problems??? (jrjay)

I agree also. A seperate forum dedicated to MKIV technical forums would be great. Then another one for mods and a third for general purposes?

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Re: Should there be a seperate forum for coilpack problems??? (Ferris Buehler)

quote:[HR][/HR]I say no, keep it where people can see it, great for newb's with problems.[HR][/HR]​
Agree totally. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
I really do think this needs to be a class action suit, only because VW isn't doing squat about it. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Re: Should there be a seperate forum for coilpack problems??? (CoolWhiteJetta1.8T)

quote:[HR][/HR]I say no, keep it where people can see it, great for newb's with problems.
Agree totally. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
I really do think this needs to be a class action suit, only because VW isn't doing squat about it. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif [HR][/HR]​
that's because there aren't enough parts available to fix everyone's car yet. They're doing what they can, grow up.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Re: Should there be a seperate forum for coilpack problems??? (jrjay)

y it would just be full of people saying there coilpacks went out and everyone know that happens already
that and discussions on the lovely smell they emit when they go bad

·
Registered
325 Posts
Re: Should there be a seperate forum for coilpack problems??? (spaghetti_rules)

it is fine where it is. i would like to see links to it in other forums and on the homepage.. and something similar to the links for "group buy rules"

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Re: Should there be a seperate forum for coilpack problems??? (grue)

quote:[HR][/HR]that's because there aren't enough parts available to fix everyone's car yet. They're doing what they can, grow up.[HR][/HR]​
Ever had a coilpack fail on you? Do you get in the car every day, thinking it could be the day that one of them fails in the car, hopefully not while you're on the highway at 70mph+. Of course not. Until you have dealt with this on a more personal level (all you have to worry about is oil leaks from another VW screw-up, right?) then you need to be the one growing up.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Re: Should there be a seperate forum for coilpack problems??? (scribbleVW)

quote:[HR][/HR]y it would just be full of people saying there coilpacks went out and everyone know that happens already
that and discussions on the lovely smell they emit when they go bad[HR][/HR]​
There seem to be other factors now. Like how the H coils might possibly be causing the new J coils to blow out and stuff like that. Also, if this will become a recall issue or not.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]that's because there aren't enough parts available to fix everyone's car yet. They're doing what they can, grow up.[HR][/HR]​
According to this article in the Boston Globe, VW doesn't plan a recall.
http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/0...or_failing_ignition_coils_in_Audis_VWs+.shtml
"Volkswagen does not see this as a recall issue, said Fouladpour, because recall issues are safety issues and, he said, this is not a safety issue."

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Re: Should there be a seperate forum for coilpack problems??? (PoorBoyMatt)

quote:[HR][/HR]that's because there aren't enough parts available to fix everyone's car yet. They're doing what they can, grow up.
According to this article in the Boston Globe, VW doesn't plan a recall.

"Volkswagen does not see this as a recall issue, said Fouladpour, because recall issues are safety issues and, he said, this is not a safety issue."[HR][/HR]​
EXACTLY. They don't find it a safety issue???? Get real. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Re: Should there be a seperate forum for coilpack problems??? (CoolWhiteJetta1.8T)

quote:[HR][/HR]that's because there aren't enough parts available to fix everyone's car yet. They're doing what they can, grow up.
Ever had a coilpack fail on you? Do you get in the car every day, thinking it could be the day that one of them fails in the car, hopefully not while you're on the highway at 70mph+. Of course not. Until you have dealt with this on a more personal level (all you have to worry about is oil leaks from another VW screw-up, right?) then you need to be the one growing up.
[HR][/HR]​
I haven't had one fail on my car, but I've been in one where it failed. Yes, I'm sure it sucks, but what do you expect VW to do? Call the Coilpack Gods and ask for them to magically appear? There aren't enough to go around, they're being made, they'll exist soon.
Meanwhile, yes, I feel VW should make any payments where the car is in the shop and you're without it, as well as pay for the rental car.
But suing them? VW doesn't make the coilpacks, why don't you guys suy hitachi, or whoever screwed them up in the first place?

·
Registered
3,763 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Yes, I'm sure it sucks, but what do you expect VW to do? Call the Coilpack Gods and ask for them to magically appear? There aren't enough to go around, they're being made, they'll exist soon. [HR][/HR]​
quote:[HR][/HR]Meanwhile, yes, I feel VW should make any payments where the car is in the shop and you're without it, as well as pay for the rental car. [HR][/HR]​
They don't even do THAT for some people.
quote:[HR][/HR]But suing them? VW doesn't make the coilpacks, why don't you guys suy hitachi, or whoever screwed them up in the first place?[HR][/HR]​
They sat right there and said it's not a safety issue. That's like saying, "these morons were dumb enough to buy our cars, but now they're stuck with them, haha". Look how they handled the window reg problems. How many YEARS after the fact did they finally do something about it? The coilpacks are turning into the same thing.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]But suing them? VW doesn't make the coilpacks, why don't you guys suy hitachi, or whoever screwed them up in the first place?[HR][/HR]​
You're not serious are you?

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Re: Should there be a seperate forum for coilpack problems??? (Fantomasz)

quote:[HR][/HR]NO
maybe separate forum for each warning light?
[HR][/HR]​
Some people need to apply the adage about walking a mile in one's shoes before judging...
http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

1 - 20 of 21 Posts