VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

101 - 120 of 350 Posts

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Also any car that had the keypad entry, did anyone really use this feature:

My dad used it all the time on his Lincoln Continental. He'd leave it running and locked for quick errands (rural area, low crime, etc etc) - great for really cold or really hot weather.

It definitely could've been better-integrated though.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Also any car that had the keypad entry, did anyone really use this feature:

On my sisters explorer we did all the time. It was great when we would go snowboarding we would just lock the keys in the car so we didnt have to worry about them. Then when we were done we would just keypad into the car. Also worked well if one of us needed something from the car or to retune our gear we didnt have to find each other and exchange keys.

·
Registered
10,870 Posts
My dad used it all the time on his Lincoln Continental. He'd leave it running and locked for quick errands (rural area, low crime, etc etc) - great for really cold or really hot weather.

It definitely could've been better-integrated though.
On my sisters explorer we did all the time. It was great when we would go snowboarding we would just lock the keys in the car so we didnt have to worry about them. Then when we were done we would just keypad into the car. Also worked well if one of us needed something from the car or to retune our gear we didnt have to find each other and exchange keys.
ok, all that makes sense now that i think about it. Though I have to agree it should have been better integrated.

·
Registered
365 Posts
The mk4 jetta/golf cup holder design is always a WTF thing for me.

who thought putting a cupholder in a location such that you can no longer see your radio or its preset buttons when in use was a good idea?

·
Registered
151 Posts
who thought putting a cupholder in a location such that you can no longer see your radio or its preset buttons when in use was a good idea?
I've never liked the cupholders that pop out from the dash - from any manufacturer. There are always issues; too small or fragile, cold drinks develop condensation and drip, hit a bump and the radio or HVAC is drenched, view is blocked, etc.

·
Registered
12 Golf 2.5, 99.5 Cabrio GLS
48,020 Posts
I've never liked the cupholders that pop out from the dash - from any manufacturer. There are always issues; too small or fragile, cold drinks develop condensation and drip, hit a bump and the radio or HVAC is drenched, view is blocked, etc.
Some Toyota (Yaris?) has cupholders that pop out from under the SIDE vents, which seems like a totally awesome idea!

·
Registered
20,077 Posts
ok, all that makes sense now that i think about it. Though I have to agree it should have been better integrated.
Yeah, I wish all my cars had that keypad. It was great never having to worry about locking keys in the vehicle. I suppose OnStar is the modern equivalent but what if you're out of signal range or your cellphone is also locked in the car.

I'm a little paranoid about locking keys in the car, especially with auto-locking hatches... now that I don't have the keypad, when on road trips I always carry my valet key in a pocket just in case.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Tried to find a good picture but cars with foot brakes for parking brakes.

The one in my mother's R-Klasse is right above the dead pedal.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
The mk4 jetta/golf cup holder design is always a WTF thing for me.

Not to mention when you take a sharper turn in the morning on your commute trying to avoid slow drivers through a intersection with your coffee in the cup holder. The little arm holding it in place will slowly lose its grip and open up making your fresh (HOT) beverage fly away and everything gets soaked:banghead:!!!

sucks!

101 - 120 of 350 Posts