VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
16,888 Posts
Re: Side exhaust (Moe Sizlack)

green GTI? nah that's Ron Huyzer.. he took it off though, cause it ruined his BBS'

·
Registered
16,888 Posts
Re: Side exhaust (DUTCHMANia)

·
Banned
6,132 Posts
Re: Side exhaust (Jetta2NR)

Quote, originally posted by Jetta2NR »
BJ has one http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

yep, comes out on both sides tooo
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
16,888 Posts
Re: Side exhaust (vwgti1986)

·
Registered
6,166 Posts

Quote, originally posted by DUTCHMANia »
green GTI? nah that's Ron Huyzer.. he took it off though, cause it ruined his BBS'

Nah, I think he's talkin about this car, which I think has got to be one of the phattest A2s I have seen. It is gti250hp.
http://gti250hp.freeyellow.com/TT.html

·
Registered
42,804 Posts
Re: Side exhaust (jamaicula)

i have a stupid question, maybe someone with the side dump can answer...how does this not cook your brakes lines. i know it dumps on the side opposite the fuel lines but did you all put in a heatshield to protect the brakes lines?

·
Banned
491 Posts
Re: Side exhaust (ValveCoverGasket)

Quote, originally posted by ValveCoverGasket »
i have a stupid question, maybe someone with the side dump can answer...how does this not cook your brakes lines. i know it dumps on the side opposite the fuel lines but did you all put in a heatshield to protect the brakes lines?

Yeah I was thinkin that to.. I'm guessin I'll fab up a little aluminum heat shield..
paint it black on the inside and wrap the lines in aluminum tape.
I'm doing this to save weight, I asume you are as well?

·
Banned
7,560 Posts

Quote, originally posted by DUTCHMANia »

How did a side exit exhaust ruin his BBS wheels????

·
Banned
7,560 Posts
Re: Side exhaust (The_Hamster)

Quote, originally posted by The_Hamster »
heat could ruin the finish i suppose?

I didnt think they were close enough to the wheel for that to be an issue....

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Re: Side exhaust (BoostedOne)

Quote, originally posted by BoostedOne »

Nah, I think he's talkin about this car, which I think has got to be one of the phattest A2s I have seen. It is gti250hp.
http://gti250hp.freeyellow.com/TT.html

werd this car is off the hook, those are some old pics.. the car has come along way... and all i can say is it is getting waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy better... and i know what things are going to happen to it

mark2...

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Re: Side exhaust (HeliosGTI)

Thanks Mark, you want to talk about coming a long way, yours is untouchable right now, :sizzle sizzle hot:

But anything you want to know about a side exhaust, hit me up, I've rocked on on my a1 rabbit and my a2 gti, so I know a little about it.
As for cooking your side skirts, brake lines, fuel system, tires or paint... that's impossible. I'm not sure why, but it can not happen. I remember back back in the day when I had a normal rear exhaust that tip would get scorching hot, this one you can grab even after a long day of driving. It might have something to do with being on the side so more air travels past it and cools it easier. I'm not sure. On my setup, I just have the TT race dual downpipe and then a big ****** style 22" glasspack and then it splits off in a Y after that and goes 2.25" piping to the TT tips. Pretty simple, but it took me all day to bend those right and to avoid the fuel filter and stuff on the passenger side. So once again hit me up with questions, and here's a few pics to laugh at of my car over the last 5 years
peace out!

Finally got big bumpers and 17"s

Then it got kinda ricey when I was 16

Wised up around 18/19, possible my favorite here though too

Waterfest 9

and this last october

and as of now
but just you wait

1 - 20 of 54 Posts