VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new mirror for my '06

Given the parts on Ebay tend to be newer and overseas- does anyone know if the newer mirrors will be plug and play, or should I stick only to the early 'thick' blinker type?

·
Registered
339 Posts
In the case of the "facelifted" mirrors, VW took the easy way (probably suggested by the bean counters): the "narrow" blinkers are identical with pre-facelift part, except that half of the lense is painter over in black! :p Really! Otherwise the mirrors are pretty much identical. Newer mirrors may have LED units for the "blind spot warning" system but you can leave them disconnected. Other differences include different mirror lenses (new ones are "edgeless" whereas there was a black plastic edging strip on the older ones) but even they are interchangeable. Not all mirrors are photochromatic (electrically dimming). If the extra functions are present or not will affect the mirror connector wiring but this is something which you can easily tackle.

Jouko

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.