VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else have one or more of these little suckers pop out? I had one pop out and took it to the dealer during my oil change. They did something because it is on there tight as a whistle now. Just wondering what they did because I feel another one ready to pop out. It look like it's just held on by a nail like retention into a hold in the door. I can't even imagine how it stays on in the first place. It's definitely not glue or anything like that. I'm guessing you can replace the nail like rentention with a screw or something? Not sure. Another one of those flimsy interior pieces that need atention. Thanks in advance for any insight.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: side window shade clips (tokyojoe)

OK answering my own question. I took the clip apart. There are two small indentation on each side and then you can pull the hook part away from the retaining piece. Sorry too lazy to take a pic before I fixed it.
Anyway, it will reveal the top of the screw (although it is more like a penny nail with what little teeth it has on the threads). Pull that useless little thing out and use a screw with a little more tooth to it to keep that hook in place. I'm surprised that those things even stay up at all.
I'm sure another one or two will pop out and I will attempt to take pictures next time.
Just a few more pieces to add to my ever growing collection of OEM parts in my basement (wheels, tires, springs, pedals, corners, switch, etc.). Seems like the plan is to eventually replace every piece of this car
Frankenpassat

1 - 2 of 2 Posts