VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Sign of the times? VW Arteon flagship to be replaced by 'Electric SUV' by 2024...

• Nah, ID. Aero is a tweener of hatchback sedan and CUV

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Mercedes A250 4Matic
18,882 Posts
Maybe high-rider is the wrong word, but I think it will be a much higher car (when measured from the roof) than the Model 3 or the current Arteon that it replaces. I suspect the proportions will be more similar to what we previously associated with crossovers and probably quite similar to the new Citroen C5, just without the ground clearance.
The ID Aero is only 3 inches higher than the Arteon but also longer and wider. It's a sedan.

·
Registered
18,882 Posts
The production dimensions have been released? I also have never said it wasn't a sedan, just one awkward proportioned one. Neither the C5 or the Polestar 2 are considered crossovers either, but they both belong in the group of modern cars that are too high for what we traditionally associate with their category. So do the Id.3.
Yes the dimensions have been released. But all you have to do is look at it to see it's the same type of vehicle as an Arteon, A5 or Ioniq 6

·
Registered
18,882 Posts
Where have those dimensions been released? Care to share it as I couldn't find it?

I have looked at it and it certainly don't look like the proportions of a "traditional sedan" but perhaps they are just gone for miniscule wheels similar to a Kadett B.

The only dimensions I've found online says that it will "probably be 1,53m high", which is actually higher than the Citroen C5 (1,503 m high) I compared it with and I thought it would end up with similar proportions as. If true it's also higher than the Polestar 2 I compared with and it's almost as high as the EV6 and the I-pace.

I don't know why people keep posting photos of the disguised prototype when the (almost production) car has already been unveiled.

·
Registered
18,882 Posts
You don't think the production car will have a bigger gap between the wheels and the body? Also, even assumed that the production car will be similarly slammed, that still leaves us with a higher car than the Citroen C5 I compared it. Which is a car that have explicitly designed to be higher and more crossover-like than a ordinary sedan. So in other words I was actually mistaken and this car will be even more crossover-like in terms of proportions than the cars I compared it with. It will be more EV6 than C5.
The ID Aero is longer and wider than the C5. An S-class is also taller than the C5 - I guess that makes it a cross-over too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts