VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
8,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys my signal light is always on...turn left, stays on...turn right, blinks like normal..
88 jetta with CE2 and G60....the PO put in a mk3 cluster so might be the problem??? i put a mk2 one back in
i have been told that some wires might have been jumped....please let me know if you have anyidea what the po did to make it this way??? i assume he did it to work with the mk3 cluster...

thanks guys

· Registered
7,844 Posts
Re: (jettag60)

I had a issue kinda like this, somehow the wire sneaked up under the rad mount, and it wasnt screwed down, would give a feedback somehow lighting up the light on dash.
I;d ensure you dont have an exposed wire, or bad contacts.

· Registered
2,305 Posts
Re: Signal light always on (VDub2625)

Quote, originally posted by VDub2625 »
No, they blink 2x as fast with out bulbs. The light stays on when the hazard switch is incorrectly plugged in. I'd say hazard wiring is effed.

agreed get a new hazard switch.....it contains the blinker relay.

· Registered
12 Golf 2.5, 99.5 Cabrio GLS
48,809 Posts
Re: Signal light always on (betterwaystodie)

Quote, originally posted by betterwaystodie »
agreed get a new hazard switch.....it contains the blinker relay.

Actually it does not contain the relay... but it does provide the connection between the stalk and the lights (which means if part of it has failed, it won't work).

· Registered
2,305 Posts
Re: Signal light always on (VDub2625)

Quote, originally posted by VDub2625 »

Actually it does not contain the relay... but it does provide the connection between the stalk and the lights (which means if part of it has failed, it won't work).

thanks man for correcting me....i just knew my blinkers didn't work without the hazard http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.