VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm playing around with the idea of painting... and have been looking at colors for a while now. I am really curious about "silk green" or seidengrün (LE6A according to paintscratch.com).
Does anybody have any more information about this color? tried searching and not much came up. it seems that it was a '78 only color? Anybody have any other pics of rabbits (or any other cars, for that matter) in this color?
borrowed pic of the color in question:

·
Registered
995 Posts
Re: silk green rabbits? (DJEucalyptus)

Hey Guys , I was just about to post and ask about the light metalic green I saw on a 4 door Rabbit in the junkyard , not sure of the year , my 1980 Caddy looks like the color in the pic on this post , I thought it was the forest green color , does any one know the color code for the light metallic green on 78-81 Rabbits ? I didnt catch what year the car was at the yard but its the color I would like to paint my Rabbit Truck

·
Registered
988 Posts
Re: silk green rabbits? (DJEucalyptus)

These pages might be of interest as well...
http://www.gti16v.org/vwcolors.htm#vwcolors
I don't see the color you referenced at first glance, as these pages may list only US colors, and the color you mentioned may be a European color?
Oh. well, hopefully it'll be a helpful reference.
That's a really nice color, best of luck if you decide to go with it, and keep u all posted with pictures!
-Glenn
(1984 Jetta GLI in Diamond Silver Metallic, Code L97A
)

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: silk green rabbits? (A1_Lover)

Quote, originally posted by A1_Lover »
only US colors, and the color you mentioned may be a European color?

thanks for the info... i hadn't thought of that - maybe it isn't a US color... anybody else have any ideas?

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Re: silk green rabbits? (A1_Lover)

Quote, originally posted by A1_Lover »
I don't see the color you referenced at first glance, as these pages may list only US colors, and the color you mentioned may be a European color?

We got that color here in the states. Mine's Inari Silver and it was originally purchased in Oregon. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by Sozsei at 11:48 AM 9-6-2005

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Re: silk green rabbits? (Sozsei)

yes that my old '78, now belongs to vdubfiend, I have seen one other rabbit of the same color but it was slightly lighter maybe it was faded from the sun, here some more pics mine I dug up:

and speaking of rare colors here is my current '77 rabbit which is Riyadh Yellow, another color I have never seen before.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts