VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Re: silk green rabbits? (Corrado2Passat)

awesome! Thanks... I was kinda hopin' to find a pic of a westy in that color (or close) but didn't think it'd actually happen. thanks!

and that Riyadh is

i think i have a thing for rare colors.

·
Registered
3,114 Posts

My old '78 was that same color. I forget the name or color code but Silk Green sounds somewhat familiar. PaintScratch.com lists it:
- http://www.paintscratch.com/
Was kind of an interesting color, it changed depending on the surroundings. My buddy kept telling me it was white, and I kept telling him it was green. I finally convinced him it was green when we took a hike out at the White Sands in NM. Heading back to the car, we crested the last dune and there was a green Rabbit amid the expanse of white.
As I recall, it was a special color only offered that year. It was along the lines of the Champagne Edition but offered on the mid-line vehicles (mine was a Rabbit-C) instead of the top end.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm playing around with the idea of painting... and have been looking at colors for a while now. I am really curious about "silk green" or seidengrün (LE6A according to paintscratch.com).
Does anybody have any more information about this color? tried searching and not much came up. it seems that it was a '78 only color? Anybody have any other pics of rabbits (or any other cars, for that matter) in this color?
borrowed pic of the color in question:
I had one that color '78 Rabbit, even back then it was a rare color, I loved it. I don't remember seeing another that I can recall.It was so light green it looked white at night. Do it!
I hated parting with it mainly because I liked the color so much! but after 5 years I finally sold it...I wish I still had it.

·
Registered
168 Posts

My old '78 was that same color. I forget the name or color code but Silk Green sounds somewhat familiar. PaintScratch.com lists it:
- Automotive Touch Up Paint from PaintScratch - Order Pro Grade Paint - PaintScratch.com/
Was kind of an interesting color, it changed depending on the surroundings. My buddy kept telling me it was white, and I kept telling him it was green. I finally convinced him it was green when we took a hike out at the White Sands in NM. Heading back to the car, we crested the last dune and there was a green Rabbit amid the expanse of white.
As I recall, it was a special color only offered that year. It was along the lines of the Champagne Edition but offered on the mid-line vehicles (mine was a Rabbit-C) instead of the top end.
I had one too '78 rabbit and at night it looked white, I'm kind of perplexed by this color paintmatch.com shows it but their color chip is not even close. Other pictures I've found online don't look quite right either they're all too green and my paint wasn't faded, I always kept it waxed.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts