VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be installing single round cross hairs this weekend on my a2 and i was wondering...do i need a different wiring harness , say a relay , to run the new lights or do they just hook up with the existing harness? TIA http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Re: single round install ? (Bora_Azul)

What bulbs are you currently running and what bulbs are you going to be running. If they are the same then you dont have to change the plug.If they are different you have to change the plug.

·
Registered
47,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: single round install ? (JettaMatt)

Quote, originally posted by JettaMatt »
What bulbs are you currently running and what bulbs are you going to be running. If they are the same then you dont have to change the plug.If they are different you have to change the plug.

sorry maybe i explained it wrong..i meant to say the wiring...if they are the same bulb i see what ur saying but if they are different bulbs would i be able to cut the existing bulb connector and re connect it with a different bulb to the existing wiring?

i was told that if i did something like this the wiring harness would melt all the way thru..
this is just a daily beater so i'm trying to make it look all shnazzy http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
5,196 Posts

Well when I converted from rectangle lights to the rounds I had to change the connector that went to the bulb. So from the stock crappy connectors to H4 connectors. I did it, its simple and nothin melted.

·
Registered
6,938 Posts

relay them for the best results....you can get plug and play relay harnesses from Futrell Autowerks and there is also someone in the classifieds that sells them. You could also make your own, hit up the lighting forums and ask there for more details.

·
Registered
47,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: single round install ? (nickinboston)

Quote, originally posted by nickinboston »
relay them for the best results....you can get plug and play relay harnesses from Futrell Autowerks and there is also someone in the classifieds that sells them. You could also make your own, hit up the lighting forums and ask there for more details.

yea i was told i could make my own by just using some extra wire and a relay...i think thats what i mite do
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,626 Posts

Check your local auto parts stores also, most of them have relay kits for lights. This is by far the best light mod that I've done and what a big difference it makes. Also it will save your headlight switch with the relay kit.

Modified by speedy841 at 8:42 AM 9-29-2004

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.