VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I goto the audio place here and I ask how much to build a custom dual enclosure. He quotes me $120 and I'm like cool. Then he asks whats goin in and I tell him MTX 6104's. He says that they dont work very well in parallel and says I'd be better off with just 1 running on my 400 watt amp, especially if I plan on upgrading to something more power.

What is you people's opinion? Should I go single or dual? If you say single, how much would you buy the extra sub I would be left with??? I'll take offers.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Re: Single vs. Dual 10'' MTX (Guvs97JettaGT)

Hey man, I have twop MTX 6000's (10 inch's) In the box that Circuit City sold me (50 bucks after the rebate.) I only have a 250 watt MTX amp running them, andits PLENTY laud... I don't even fold down the back seats. Bass is cleanandloud....

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

What amp are you using? If it's not 2ohm stable, that's why the guy is trying to have you use one instead of 2. There's no such thing as a speaker that doesn't sound good in pairs (if that's what he meant).

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Single vs. Dual 10'' MTX (HyKlas)

The amp says its 2 ohm stable, I dont know much of the technical stuff. But I am gonna have them intall it cause I dont have the time nor do I want to mess anything up. I could do it but I dont feel like it too much school and work.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

If running a 2 channel amp bridged to one channel with 2 4ohm speakers in parallel, each channel would be seeing a 1ohm load. I don't think your amp will take it. I'd run 1 sub bridged (2ohm/channel).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.