VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
‘21 SQ5 & ‘16 Golf R
41,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the last few weeks my wife has been having an issue with her R when using CarPlay that the notification audio from Waze and Siri text dictation are broadcasting at a incredibly low volume. Music and phone calls work perfectly fine. It's almost like they notifications are coming through some other speaker.

Has anyone else experienced this? We've had this car since new and never had this problem.

She has an iPhone 12 and it's up-to-date. There are no modifications to the MMI/sound system.

·
Registered
‘21 SQ5 & ‘16 Golf R
41,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I figured it out. The car was in for the shifter trim recall about a month ago and the dealer must have either done something to the reset the Voice Operation setting or performed an update that actually enabled it. The volume for it was all the way down, I raised it up and it’s working again.

Car White Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
I've have randomly quiet Waze, android user here. I know that when Waze is actively speaking you can turn up the volume on the talking part with the volume dial on the car. But it has to be when Waze is talking, otherwise it just increases the overall volume. I've had Waze directions, alerts just come through the phone and not the car speakers too. Volume on voice prob turned down.

I had my response typed out, but never hit post reply. :oops:

·
Registered
2019 Arteon, 2016 .:R, 1991 Mazda B2600i
2,387 Posts
Tangentially related....Recently road tripped in '19 Arteon. And I think I recall this same thing happening in the '16 R.

Android auto active. Listening to podcasts. Waze says something - so pod cast pauses, but Waze is not heard.
Unplug - Replug USB.
Then it works again.
This happened 3 times last weekend.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Couple times this has happened I had to unplug and replug - then it would automatically work again. Not exactly the best solution, but this worked out for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts