VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Finally found a decent replacement for my 2008 mk5 R32 and so thought it would be a good time to start a new thread / blog. For those of you who haven't met me or chatted with me on the forums , my Name is Grant Harrison ( I usually go by G-rad ) from South Africa. I used to drive a 2008 mk5 R32 and made some really great friends in the mk5 forums that I was fortunate enough to meet and hang out with at SoWo '12 and SoWo '13.

Owner
Name: Grant aka G-rad
Current Location: Edenvale , South Africa

Vehicle Information
Model: 2007 Audi 8P S3
Color: Black Magic

Modifications

Engine
- EVOMS V flow intake
- Audi R8 Coil packs + colder range plugs
- New cam follower :laugh:

Drivetrain
- Stock 6MT for now

Suspension
- AirLift performance series front struts
- AirLift double bellow rears
- AirLift Autopilot V2 digital management ( 4 gallon skinny tank + 1/4" lines )
- ECS Subframe bolt fix

Visuals
- Optics Grille
- Tinted OEM tails

Wheels
- Rotiform TMB flat profile , brushed faces + polished lips , gold ARP studs , 8.5J ET38F and 9.5J ET40R.
- OEM 18" Optional RS4 style wheels ( SOLD )

Interior
- OEM RNS-E
- Little Trees air fresheners
- OEM S3 Recaro seats

Future mods
- Milltek non res turbo back ( potentially with an R32 rear silencer and custom rear diffuser )
- REVO Stage 2
- PerformanceLEDs complete lighting package
- OEM Facelift tail lights
- H&R rear swaybar
- Audi TTS engine cover

That's all for now considering I have only had the car for like 4 months. More to come :)

Pics for kicks , as it was in stock trim :

Then I added the AirLift setup and Rotiform wheels because I buy my scenepoints one part at a time :laugh:

More to come in the near future :wave:

·
Registered
6,584 Posts
Not even fair. haha

Beauty car man!

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys :)

I recognize you from the MK5 R32 forum. Welcome to the Audi side of VAG. The S3 looks great. How would you compare the overall experience to the .:R?
I recognise you too ;) how are you keeping?

It's a toss up actually, I am not about all out power and loved the 3.2 VR6 in the mk5. Fuel consumption stock for stock , the R32 was better too oddly enough. Finally I preferred the interior and RNS510 to the S3 and it's RNS-E.

Other than that I love the S3 and it's superb , if I could fit an RNS510 and switch the 2.0TFSi for a 3.2 it would be perfect ROFL.

It's a superb car , basically a Golf R in Audi 8P trim.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Wow it's interesting to hear how much you liked the R32! I hear ya though because my favorite part about my A3 is the VR6. Well if you ever decide to part out your S3, I call dibs on the bumpers ;)
Such a beautiful car and those wheels are so on point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,584 Posts
Take it it's just as hard to find a 3.2 A3 there as it is here then? Or you wanted the S3 over a regular A3?

Still beauty, (And i get ya about the 3.2 I love mine)

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
I recognise you too ;) how are you keeping?

It's a toss up actually, I am not about all out power and loved the 3.2 VR6 in the mk5. Fuel consumption stock for stock , the R32 was better too oddly enough. Finally I preferred the interior and RNS510 to the S3 and it's RNS-E.

Other than that I love the S3 and it's superb , if I could fit an RNS510 and switch the 2.0TFSi for a 3.2 it would be perfect ROFL.

It's a superb car , basically a Golf R in Audi 8P trim.
Doing well, and still enjoying flogging the A3. :thumbup: Although it seems like as the car ages, I better learn how to turn wrenches or it will get expensive. Thanks for your impressions - if the A3/S3 interior had the same touches as the TT gets, it might be a different story. But I'm right there with you on the R32 having a well spec'd cabin. The sportback body looks so good though! Cheers!

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you all so much for the replies :)

The 2.0T responds VERY well to tunes and mods , but I just love the linear power delivery of the VR6. I would have bought the 3.2 but they're all poverty spec, the S3 had all the right trimmings like the Recaro's , Sat nav etc and that made it the obvious choice!

·
Registered
6,584 Posts
Thank you all so much for the replies :)

The 2.0T responds VERY well to tunes and mods , but I just love the linear power delivery of the VR6. I would have bought the 3.2 but they're all poverty spec, the S3 had all the right trimmings like the Recaro's , Sat nav etc and that made it the obvious choice!
Yeah I wish I had Recaros... But I do have all the other goodies at least.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.