VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 20 of 525 Posts

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Owner
Name: Grant aka G-rad
Current Location: Edenvale , South Africa

Vehicle Information
Model: .:R32 DSG
Color: DBP aka the fastest colour :thumbup::thumbup:

Modifications

Engine
- Milltek Resonated Cat Back
- Milltek Cat replacement assembly
- Milltek Downpipes
- GruppeM Ram Air Intake
- REVO Stage 2 ECU

Drivetrain
- HPA Core Interlock Mount
- REVO Stage 2 DSG
- Haldex Gen 2 HPP

Suspension
- FK Konigsport Coilovers
- H&R 26mm Rear Sway Bar
- UNIbrace XB

Visuals
- Performance LEDs MK5 Interior LED kit
- Performance LEDs 6000k License Plate Bulbs
- Performance LEDs Stage 3 City Lights
- Ziza H7 Yellow FTP Bulbs
- TM Tuning Brushed Aluminium Mirror Covers
- EEM Decals
- OEM Hole-less Grille
- Autobra Car Bra
- OEM Tinted Headlight Covers
- OEM R36 Blue Coil Pack Covers & Wiring
- Magnetic Plate Mod
- Citroen Stubby Antenna

Wheels
- Rotiform TMB fully polished , hidden hardware. 8.5JF and 9.5JR , offsets unknown.
- 3SDM 0.05 18" 8.5J ET42F 9.5J ET40R (SOLD)
- BBS CH-R's 19" 8.5J ET48 (SOLD)

Interior
- OEM RCD-510
- Little Trees air fresheners

Future mods
- S2T DSG Paddles
- OEM LED Tails
- Schrick 264/268 cams
- Replace Koni Yellows + H&R springs with H&R coilovers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Delivery Day :

I snapped a couple of pics before tucking her away under cover

Photoshoot by a friend

GruppeM Fitment

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Headlight Covers

Covers :

Stock :

Mock fitment :

Comparison :

Proper Fitment

Hover car :

OEM and GruppeM :

OEM + :

Hanging with the Land Cruiser :)

Prepped for 650km Coastal trip

First Dyno and Milltek Exhaust

Please pardon all my pictures , I only had my blackberry on me :

On the dyno :

my whopping wheel power :crazy: :lol:

engine corrected power :

Milltek Exhaust :

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Iphone pics and Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgyg6tzquJc

Couple of pics :

H&R sport Springs

Imposter

Of 384 sold , some schmuck in my area also just bought himself a DBP R32. Had the fiancee confused the other day when she thought she saw me coming out of Greenstone when I was supposed to be in a meeting :

He is lucky enough to have found one with the Recaro seats , but mine was still far cleaner ( even though it's dirty in the pic )

H&R front and rear sway bars & Koni Sport shocks

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And lastly a couple of notes.

Yes my "build thread" is not as glamorous as some of the other members here , but I am proud of my car and I like to keep a record of it within a community that I feel a part of. On top of that I am not a photographer by any means , I have a crappy "eye" for photo's and don't even own a decent camera so my images are sub par and I accept that :thumbup:

There are a lot of images with no follow up fitments and so on so forth , this is what I have currently or is on the way :

Brushed aluminium mirror covers
Maniacs DSG extensions
Blue coil pack covers
Blue coil pack wiring covers
HPA Puck
H&R sport springs
Koni Sport shocks
H&R ARB's
H&R TRAX 12mm spacers

I am awaiting my replacement mechatronics unit to arrive at my VW stealership and that will be fitted along with my HPA puck. following that I will be fitting the rest of the above mentioned parts and then she will be getting loaded with REVO 2 and REVO DSG tunes. I have put off my tunes as I don't want to have to redo the DSG tune after the mechatronic replacement.

Future plans include the Holeless Grille and Haldex controller with wireless remote. This is pretty much mine already and I just need finish paying my buddy for it before I go collect it. After that the last things I'll be looking at for now are; a new set of wheels , OSIR / KERSCHER carbon lip and possibly the OSIR carbon diffuser for the rear.

Thansk for looking :wave:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Looking foward to watching this thread. :popcorn: I always get good ideas from the mods the forum members undertake. Then spend more $'s. :banghead:

·
Registered
10,098 Posts
Still can't get over how sexy that ****ing intake is. lol.

Car sounds good.

Funny how you whited out your plate in some pictures and then the shots that your friend took, you can see your plate. :laugh: Not a big deal.

:beer::beer:

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Funny how you whited out your plate in some pictures and then the shots that your friend took, you can see your plate. :laugh:

:beer::beer:
Haha yeah the plates are whited out due to criminals in South Africa trawling the forums and looking for cars they like , taking the details to licencing departments and getting your details in order to hijack you :(

The plates in the photoshop are fake :)

Thanks for the replies! :)

·
Registered
10,098 Posts
Haha yeah the plates are whited out due to criminals in South Africa trawling the forums and looking for cars they like , taking the details to licencing departments and getting your details in order to hijack you :(

The plates in the photoshop are fake :)

Thanks for the replies! :)
:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Filled up last night and played with the MFD whilst waiting for the attendant to bring my receipt.

Noticed the mileage was really low so I became intrigued as to the mileage when I picked her up earlier this year.

I picked up a 2008 R32 with 16 200 miles on her. :thumbup:
i always wondered if the mileage calculator on the MFD was reliable/accurate. mine seems pretty out there, giving totally whacko numbers at times.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey dude, love the car and mods. Over here in South Australia (also SA!) I have a DBP 3door with a recently fitted miltek cat back - awesome sound! How did you find the decat did you lose any torque or gain any power? Did you dyno it? What about pics of your brushed mirrors they look sick! Keep up the mods!

1 - 20 of 525 Posts