VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 40 of 525 Posts

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hey dude, love the car and mods. Over here in South Australia (also SA!) I have a DBP 3door with a recently fitted miltek cat back - awesome sound! How did you find the decat did you lose any torque or gain any power? Did you dyno it? What about pics of your brushed mirrors they look sick! Keep up the mods!
Hey thanks alot bud :thumbup:

I see you have some good mods listed in your signature. Hopefully mine will be fitted soon :cool:

Did you get the Milltek Res or Non Res?
I feel the decat made a solid difference to the car. On the dyno the Milltek + decat only yielded 2.5wkw and 9wnm but on the road she rev's to redline far more easily and generally feels strong. Even at 1.8km above sea level she gives the turbo hot hatches a run for their money :beer:

I am led to believe from our local REVO team that the full benefits of the decat will be seen with the REVO 2 tune they are going to load for me. Either way with the resonated Milltek she sounds GLORIOUS :)

My car is at VW now busy having the DSG recall done and having my Haldex Gen 2 , mirror covers and HPA puck fitted :cool: I will follow up with pics :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yeah a tune will certainly make a difference do you have a CCode or JBS dealer over there? They work with the miltek specifically. I got the reso version and I must say at idle and off throttle its too quiet but under load and wot its amazing!

Will keep an eye on your thread. :wave:

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yeah a tune will certainly make a difference do you have a CCode or JBS dealer over there? They work with the miltek specifically. I got the reso version and I must say at idle and off throttle its too quiet but under load and wot its amazing!

Will keep an eye on your thread. :wave:
Hey bud

Unfortunately no JBS or CCode over here. We really only have the option of Unitronic or REVO this side of the world.
The scene is growing here but it's a little slower than the rest of the world :thumbup:

Yup my resonated version is wonderfully quiet at idle and at low throttle inputs , at WOT it screams :snowcool:

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I like the GruppeM carbon fiber intake.

Only one issue with that kit. You would think for the price of the thing, that the could do better on the plumbing. A one piece molded plastic or silicone would look way better than the multi colored, 4 hose clamp arrangement they sell with the kit.

The car is coming along nicely...:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I like the GruppeM carbon fiber intake.

Only one issue with that kit. You would think for the price of the thing, that the could do better on the plumbing. A one piece molded plastic or silicone would look way better than the multi colored, 4 hose clamp arrangement they sell with the kit.

The car is coming along nicely...:thumbup::thumbup:
Thanks , and I agree with you 100%.
I am looking at re-doing the plumbing myself to neaten it up somewhat. I definitely need to spray the metal bit black to blend a bit better with the engine bay. :eek:

Now I just need to get everything fitted and source some wheels and she is almost done :cool:

·
Registered
42 Posts
what sort of wheels are you thinking? I'm going through a similar decision process, I want lighter and I like black but I think with the blue silver is better. Tirerack.com got some good value stuff. Aussie dollar is $1.07 to US$1 so good time to buy for me!:laugh:

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
what sort of wheels are you thinking? I'm going through a similar decision process, I want lighter and I like black but I think with the blue silver is better. Tirerack.com got some good value stuff. Aussie dollar is $1.07 to US$1 so good time to buy for me!:laugh:
No clue to be honest , the wheels that i think really well on DBP R32's would be :

VMR V710's
BBS CH / CK
Rotiform BLQ's and
OEM Helios

Any of those would make me ecstatic , especially in 19" trim :)

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Had my DSG recall done , Haldex Gen2 and wireless remote done as well as had my brushed mirror covers fitted.

Unfortunately my mech ran out of time to fit the HPA puck so we'll do it on the weekend. :)

I havent got any good pics but there are some cheap iphone pics on my facebook if you wanna look.
So far driving impressions with the new Mechatronics unit and haldex in race mode the car feels great , I only really felt the haldex off the line where you get more of a push than pull feeling.

Good show :thumbup:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Take it up some twisty hill roads, the haldex comes into its own then!

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Take it up some twisty hill roads, the haldex comes into its own then!
I'll be sure to try this out , got a wicked set of S bends I wanna hit this evening :snowcool:

So what have I got planned this weekend ?

:wave:

And ultimately , my cheap ass iphone pics of the mirror covers :facepalm:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
This thread is approved by gotti...stop saying glorious and we're all good...:laugh:

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

·
Registered
10,099 Posts
:D you love your low don't you :cool:

If I had the cash for bags I would in a heartbeat :heart:

:thumbup::thumbup:

BTW new train of thoughts on wheels , V710's are glorious and all but my word , I would do horrible things for a set of V713's :thumbup:
iirc, those weren't available in 18" fitment.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
iirc, those weren't available in 18" fitment.
I know , 19" FTW :cool:

Looking good!! This thread makes me want to go buy more stuff for my .:R, I kinda like those headlight covers, wonder how that would look with UG... hmmm
Thanks :) It looks great on UG , I will post up in your thread how they look on UG :thumbup:

21 - 40 of 525 Posts