VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am looking to buy a 2001 MKIV Jetta. I am hoping to god that I buy a good one and not a lemon. There is one for sale by a priveate dealer (member of autofinders) He bought the car from a Manheim Auction it was a one owner lease return. 33k, 1.8t, leahter, moon roof, and im immaculate condition, with warranty left.
He is willing to sell for 13,200 !! KBB is like 15 something, is this just a good deal or should i be weary!!
P.S. the guy owns like 3 vw's

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
car fax checks out but i dont really trust those. What I worry about is that they dont have the maintance records and i hear that if you are missing one record you are screwed on your warranty.!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Re: (nick9871)

The car has a warranty.....if something goes wrong they will be able to tell if it was a fluke or if you forgot to put oil in it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (SilverGTi01)

Yea but I do all my own oil changes, tire rotations etc... From what I read on this webiste and many others is that volkswagen will only provide even the simplist warranty work if you have all maintanence recipts from vw.
Sorry to be a nag, i love vw's just worried about mkIV's
Anything i can espescially check for on the car that could warn me from buying it? Oil residue on manifold etc.. other thatn the obvious

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
If you toot in your seat you void your warranty... So dont worry about it and buy the car! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Re: (nick9871)

Quote, originally posted by nick9871 »
Yea but I do all my own oil changes, tire rotations etc... From what I read on this webiste and many others is that volkswagen will only provide even the simplist warranty work if you have all maintanence recipts from vw.
Sorry to be a nag, i love vw's just worried about mkIV's
Anything i can espescially check for on the car that could warn me from buying it? Oil residue on manifold etc.. other thatn the obvious

thats not true at all...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts