VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
9,515 Posts
Re: Skid Plate (VbmxW)

Quote, originally posted by VbmxW »

VW makes a steel skidplate for the 1.8t, it bolts directly to the pan.

He is right there is someone on the tex that has one.. i saw the thread about 5-6 months back

· Registered
1,651 Posts
Re: (GTI-VRT)

There is NO metal skid plate offered for the 1.8T from VW. There is a pan surround that comes on the 2.0l, which would have to be slightly modified to fit. But it's hardly a skid plate. The dieselgeek is the best unit out.

· Registered
3,312 Posts
Re: (SeaBiskit)

yeah, i'm going with the dieselgeek http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif $300 bucks is def'y worth the peace of mind...however, times like this really make me wish jesse james were a friend of mine

· Registered
4,593 Posts
Re: (abdrury)

yea and if you have a VR6 VW shafts you with NOTHING. i find it funny that their most expensive engine happens to be the engine that hangs the lowest inthe car *its literally below the rad support* and then on top of that they dont even put plastic under there to protect them let alone a skid plate. and all the ones VW sells wont work on a VR.
diesel geek with work with any VW motor, and id recommend gettin the steel the aluminum one has the front end open looks like things could still fly in there and take a toll on things.
im getting a skid plate here in a couple weeks i hate driving around with a lowered VR6 with potholes everywhere

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.