VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

· Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought this would be a great thread for the car lounge as you don't see these cars worked on in forums very often. I'll be doing a ton of turbo related fabrication and upgrades to the 4.0L Toyota engine sitting in this SLC that has come to us from www.campbellrace.com (CDN) and www.race-car-replicas.com (USA)

Heres a general look at what they consist of underneath.

Engine area of this one in dicussion. w/ 4.0L installed and some of the soon to come out turbo hardware.

I'll be adding the following to the engine bay.

New dual intake plennum
321 Stainless exhaust manifolds
Tial BOV/WG's and Stainless Turbine housings.
New IC piping
Suspension for turbos and downpipes
Recirculating downpipes.

The manifolds I'll do will utilize the double slip fit collectors, much similar to the mani I did below

Other examples in my signature below.

I'll try to get designs and lots of detail in the posts.. you may remember me doing that a bit in the Dakar thread I made last year - here

· Registered
16,301 Posts
I went to some car show in Toronto and think I saw that car there, it wasn't the international show but some other one.

Quite the machine, the guys wouldn't open up the engine compartment though I was disappointed but the spec sheet was impressive.

· Registered
90 VW Corrado, 96 BMW 318ti, 03 VW GTI 20th, 21 Jeep Gladiator, 21 Jeep Wrangler
8,049 Posts
I've always wanted to see some of the inside fab work done on these types of cars. From your previous threads I know the work will be more than impressive. :cool: :thumbup:

· Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went to some car show in Toronto and think I saw that car there, it wasn't the international show but some other one.

Quite the machine, the guys wouldn't open up the engine compartment though I was disappointed but the spec sheet was impressive.
Yes you probably saw it at the Motorsport show. The owner saw some of the stuff I do at JRP... and here we are.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.