VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thanks to :
Quote, originally posted by Error »

The search server is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

ive found nothing on this so far.
anyway.
im driving to work friday and notice while changing lanes that my steering is getting quite stiff. so at the next chance i got to turn the wheel a bit more, i found that it was hard as hell. so when i got to work, i found a load of power steering fluid still leaking from the car.
today, i get out to take a look, and the return line was pulled out.
not the hose that fits over the aluminum peice, but the aluminum peice itself was pulled out.
just barely. so i pull it the rest of the way out, and see a little o ring fitted on the inside.
so by that, i guess that this peice IS supposed to be able to come out, but what actually holds it in there? after popping it back in, it didnt take much to pull it back out. is there a sealer i should be using or what?
for now, it seems that its holding fluid in there, but given its position on the car, a cup in the road could knock it back loose.
here are a few pictures:

· Registered
211 Posts
Re: SLC power steering pump ? (silvr rcr)

well im going to have to assume after going out and crawling on the ground to examine my ps pump that the peice is pressed in probably using some sort of anaerobic locktite sealer, unfortunatley i would have to say that peice is worn out and wont stay in so pump replacement will probably be required.. oh btw i cant spell.... or type for that matter.

· Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hah, thanks
like i said, right now, its staying in there, and im actually considering putting a small bead of sealer to see if it holds, because hey, if it works, it works, if it doesnt, then id still have to replace the pump anyway. NVmyVW, thanks for the PM, ill let ya know as soon as i know.
anyone know how much fluid it normally takes to fill the system?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.