VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Sleeper MKIII's

2K views 42 replies 30 participants last post by  B(C)orrado 
#1 ·
Know of any?
It seems like the newer your car the more you show it off, b/c when I used to be a regular on the A2 Forum sleepers were where it was at.
Lemme see/hear about some...

#11 ·
Re: Sleeper MKIII's (nub0w)

snuffyboy's sleepy bedtime.....the GL-6
two diff set of rims., dirty as a prostitutes box, cloth seats, cig burns, ripped rubber shift boot, and amber lights.
sorry for thrashing on ur car robert.

-dirtiest car award at dub n grub.

[Modified by SuckaFree, 11:58 PM 2-10-2002]

#12 ·
Re: Sleeper MKIII's (SuckaFree)

You got dirtiest at Dub & Grub 2 right? That car looked like it just came back from a ski weekend, even though it was August...

Sean

#22 ·
Re: Sleeper MKIII's (ILJM-VR6)

i definattly have a sleeper .. any one from NY that knows me and my car will tell yah .. HR coilovered .. supercharged .. 12 lbs .. , jetta front end, lots of other extras .. rollin on stockies .. only thing that gives me away .. is that damn exhaust and whistling ..
.. oh , and teh word RECARO in white no less

#23 ·
Re: Sleeper MKIII's (DubberFromCT)

I used to have mine in full sleeper mod, if i could find pics...
h&r coilovers, AMS Charger - that was it
stock alloys, stock exhaust, jetta front - of course i had just bought the car and only owned it for 2 weeks at that time...

#24 ·

i'd consider mine a sleeper... 95 golf gl w/ vr6 swap (still 4lugs) stock wheels & hubcaps w/ no body mods. got some got a few go fast goodies but i will be adding a supercharger or a turbo in the future

#25 ·

well, hmm beat everone thats tried to race me so far...
i figure mines a sleeper cuz its stock on the outside and lowered on stock wheels, and has stock looking exhaust, so anyone that tries to race me thinks im drivin on some slow lowered vw. ...but show them......
it just sounds like your putting me down for having a couple simple mods, i happend to have been laid off, so i dont have the money for the turbo id like to put in

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.