VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gonna be picking up a set of slicks in the next couple of weeks, should I have anything to worry about as far as driveshafts are concerned, will be doing an lsd before use?
Also best way to hook them up, dump it or feather?
Next question, are there any major differences in the engines of the NB and the Jetta, Golf, and why the hell can't I break into the low 14's, some others have got into the 13's I think I saw a guy do it with stock tires also on here right?
Whats the deal, is the ko3/ko4 hybrid turbo that is on the aww engines ( I think that is right ) that much better.
Theoretically, how much weight can I drop by stripping out rear and spare does it make alot of difference? How much weight is there in the front seats?
Best way to launch, how to get 60's down?
Are warmer days better to race on? Today was cold and my wheels would not hold at all, best I could do was 14.9.
Benefits of running higher octane fuel, can I run unleaded with the cat removed? Will it damage engine?
Thanks for all incoming info in advance.

·
Registered
8,087 Posts
Re: Slicks should I have any fears? Plus other Drag Q's (FYGTBUG)

Slicks will smoke a clutch too. SO heads up. I'm looking at a set of ET Streets that are either 25 1150's or 27 1150's on 15" rims. Buddy of mines hooking me up for $50. Also you shouldn't get ANY wheel hop if you have good slicks make sure you have enought sidewall so that the tire "give" to reduce drive line shock. Other then that make sure your LSD is shimmed correctly or that thing can come flying out of the bell housing. A 5k dump can be accomplished on slicks I've seen it in a VW running 12's

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Slicks should I have any fears? Plus other Drag Q's (Bug_Power)

Explain 27 1150's?
LSD...Bell housing...smoke clutch.....broken parts....money...don't have none.....starting to think I should give this up and go back to windsurfing.....I got gear for free in that sport.

·
Registered
8,087 Posts
Re: Slicks should I have any fears? Plus other Drag Q's (FYGTBUG)

Hey I windsurfed for a while! I'm not sure about the numbers on those ET Streets. That's just what the guy told me. SO I'm not sure what the Hell he's talking about or if they'll even fit. I was going to swap out my BFG Comp TA Drag Radials for these. I've also got a set of rims that I'm looking for some 15" Slicks or just bald HI perf tires to race on at SCCA races.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Slicks should I have any fears? Plus other Drag Q's (Bug_Power)

I actually got to Pro level back home in the UK did the tour and poop. Than I got married just as I was getting to my peak, moved to the States, got 2 cats and Fat...LOL
Hmm maybe this could also be a problem, note to self drop 50lbs before spring, less weight faster car LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.