VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up peeps, havent really been on here since my last MK4 but now i got another one.

Was coming home from my girlfriends house (about 3 miles from my house) going home, ran my car hard on the way home, got home parked and smelt a lil scent of something nothing overpowering. went to pop my hood and saw smoke coming out from the hood (headhlight grill area) it was only for a couple seconds litterally. it was white but very thin smoke. by the time i got it open the smoke was gone. obviously had to let it cool down and idle for a few mins after runnin it hard and while the hood was popped only odd thing i noticed was a ticking sound that came from the area on the left side where u put the coolant in. not from the engine but from the far left side seemed to be at the bottom of that container then it stopped.
concern is, anyone know what that smoke could have been as well as the ticking?
thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Re: Slight bit of smoke after a small hard run..... worry or not worry? (slipknot14469)

I don't know about the smoke, but the ticking is normal, especially if you heard it from the area around the coolant bottle. There is a piece of emissions equipment there (I can't remember what it is) that makes a ticking sound when it is functioning normally.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.