VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, last time I was posting was about charger doing only 10psi on 68mm pulley. I opened it up and yes, like many of you suggested the casing strips were stuck 3 out of 4. I sand em down carefully, now they have spring tension on em.
Check it out, now I get 15psi if I flor it parked and 12psi driving at rougly 6000 rpm.
There are noooo boost leakes, and I checked my throttlebody just to be sure the bypass is closed when pedal is all the way down.
NOTE: When we rebuilt the charger, caseing was put together from two different chargers. I am not sure is they were same generation chargers. Could this be some of my headacke???

Guys I need your help again

I'm so bummed out I can't even feel bad.

·
Registered
11,744 Posts
Re: slightly better still not fully boosting (Hany)

How are you checking for boost leaks?
Unless you're removing the camshaft and pressurizing the entire intake tract, there is no way to be sure you're not losing boost out some leaking hose or fitting once your motor is under load and rocking backwards.
You can check pretty effectively for boost leaks by capping off the TB hose and the charger exhaust hose, but that only reveals leaks in the IC and its piping. Sounds more like you have an intermittent intake manifold leak.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.