VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Eight diesels of which five are MK1 VWs
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the small duckbill front spoiler (and four plastic clips) to spruce up my caddy. I took it out of the shipping crate and held it up to my front apron and WTF? :confused:It looks like I would need to do some major cutting and bending to create a surface to mount the spoiler. Has anyone else installed one of these? Do I have my head up my a** again?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Bringing this back to the top because I am having the same issue except I have the large two piece duckbill. Does anyone have a solution? It's like it is too short. The curve is not flush with the body. Not even close. It's a new duckbill from MK1 Engineering and my vehicle is a 81 pickup. The spoiler is 4.25" deep x 47.50 across. The front of the truck isn't really bent up. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. I can't find where anyone else is having this issue other than this post. Do I need to trim it? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Eight diesels of which five are MK1 VWs
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha, you revived my DOA thread!

I never did install it. I decided to perfect and repaint my bottom apron lip instead. I still have that spoiler new in the plastic.

I have now seen someone else's installation and they just screwed it to the apron in front of the lip. Unless your car already had one and you are replacing it, forget about the OEM rivet clips.

Best advice I can give is: this bodywork forum is near dead, especially for MK1. There's so few of us left. So we all hang out in the model specific Golf 1/Jetta 1 forum. You'll get a better response in there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts