VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
15,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen the discussion around from time to time, and how it cant be done, or won't work....but there is one car by me that has a pair of self smoked NA spec Jetta headlights. I finally saw it when I had my camera at a recent GTG, so I got some pics for you guys. It was done by a body shop who opened the llights, then smoked the reflectors, just like smoked e-codes, then re-assembled them. They look pretty good in person, but lack the functionality of e-codes. This makes it a worthless mod to me, but I think it is interesting for those on a limited budget....
Sean

Note the nipples in the glass that are only on NA spec lamps....

And the car, which has A4 handles, a mutated Siedel Tuning kit, and some DSP mirrors. It has some great parts, but to me, lacks a certain flow....

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Re: Smoked Jetta Headlights (EuroStyle)

i dont like it. IMO, if you got the money to get audi handles, you should get a ddecent headlight and mirror...
and i dont like the wheels at all
but http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif for the body shop

·
Registered
16,737 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]

And the car, which has A4 handles, a mutated Siedel Tuning kit, and some DSP mirrors. It has some great parts, but to me, lacks a certain flow....
[HR][/HR]​
that car would look so much better with like other mirrors or a dirtech body kit
and that grill is a debaged jetta grill

·
Registered
15,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Smoked Jetta Headlights (Screeching Weasel)

Like I said, the credit is for the creativeness, but the car lacks a certain flow. Anyone can buy expensive parts, but how you add them together makes all the difference....and those mirrors are not my taste either, but dont assume they are cheap...
Sean

·
Registered
3,733 Posts

man, you guys are cruel. But you are all entitled to your opinions, and i don't mind the free exposure being that the car's for sale
The mirrors are r&a imported power wing mirrors, and are not cheap, I love the look but they're not very practical since they're meant for right hand drive cars. -you have to admit they are different, i guess not for everybody tho. headlights are whatever you say they are..., they're tinted, euro or not, and that's basically the theme though the car as far as lighting goes. There are aspects of the car I would change if I keep it, and i guess in that respect, we agree. I bought the car basically as is. Body kit is Seidl, and I would probably take a different styling approach myself if i built it part-for-part.
EuroStyle, I saw your green Jetta this past weekend, very nice! -Your jetta had to be one of the cleanest, most tastefully done there. I like the TT wheels and low stance. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
15,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Smoked Jetta Headlights (JCMaler)

Thanks, I am very happy with the current state of my car. Like I said, you have some good things going on, just need to tweak it a little....I guess I should say if you keep it you should tweak it a bit...

Sean

·
Registered
19,697 Posts
Re: Smoked Jetta Headlights (VR6 Mk3)

Believe it or not I actually thought about doing this just to see what it looked like, now I know. It looks pretty good, but like was already said, it lacks function.

·
Registered
6 Posts

"He loves the VW"...
Anyways, fella, in case yer wondering, I've riden in John's jetta at night, and I think the output of those headlights are faboo! They are better than most cars out there - the pattern is great, color is great.... I personally think they work great, great great... (I say they look groovy too)
Nooch..........

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.