VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,
was wondering if you had any pictures of a blue MkV R32 with smoked tail lights?
I was thinking about getting mine done, but don't know how it will look exactly? Think it is a good idea? or is it tacky? HaHa.
I was also thinking about tints, any suggestions?!
Please let me know!
thanks.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Re: smoked tail lights on a blue MkV R32 (Ryu32)

smoked as in all smoked or as in Euro Tails look.
Personally I have the darkened Euro LEDs I think smoking the entire lense looks tacky.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts

I prefer Led tail lights

Modified by Tampavw at 11:40 AM 8-20-2009

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Re: (justinperkins)

Looking good, Justin. How hard is it to rewire the fog light to a euro switch? Your car looks like the R32 in the VW animated screensaver from Volkswagen of Germany.
Sorry to hijack the thread:
I have the file for the screensaver and will send it to someone to host it or to put it in the FAQ. The official VW of Germany link is no longer available.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i heard that doing any electrical changes though messes with the manufacture warranty of the car?
please let me know. I have an appt to tint my car on saturday and was planning on smoking the tails, not very dark, but maybe like a lighter gray shade?
but the euro LEDs look nice.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts

Is there any difference between the euros and the accessory ones here?

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Re: smoked tail lights on a blue MkV R32 (parklane)

Quote, originally posted by parklane »
Is there any difference between the euros and the accessory ones here?
Yes, Amber blinker and Rear fog.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Re: (Ryu32)

Quote, originally posted by Ryu32 »
i heard that doing any electrical changes though messes with the manufacture warranty of the car?
please let me know. I have an appt to tint my car on saturday and was planning on smoking the tails, not very dark, but maybe like a lighter gray shade?
but the euro LEDs look nice.

I've done the mod with an adapter harness which splices the brake with the Parking light on the Euro LEDs, no actual splicing was done to the car, I could revert back to factory if I had to take it in for work on the electrical.

Does LaminX make a application for our cars? if so you might want to explore that option as well.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Re: (abe1.8t)

Quote, originally posted by abe1.8t »
tinting them would be a cheaper option.. euro leds are $$$, if you have the time and $$$ go for it..

not really

Modified by Tampavw at 9:33 PM 8-21-2009

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.