VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really into smooth cars, i.e. shaved doors, de-badged, etc... My question is how much are we looking at to get the 2 door handles of a Golf shaved (Body work + those "door popper" things
).
Second question is concerning painting. Can you shave off handles without repainting the whole door/hatch? If so, how much?
Thanks.

·
Registered
22,003 Posts
Re: Smoothing Body? (vegasbora)

quote:[HR][/HR]would you like some soy sauce with your rice. only my opinion but euros should stay looking like euros otherwise by a honda.[HR][/HR]​
what are you talking about.. shaving is euro
btw.. if you have to ask the price, you dont want to do it..

·
Registered
22,003 Posts
Re: Smoothing Body? (beecee)

this will also depend greatly on the area and the quality of the shops.. it wont hurt to shop around locally and get some estimates..

·
Banned
1,067 Posts

freekin moron. wasup DUCKY,
ahh vento's ride, yum, for some reason does his paint look kinda on the pinkish, i kno his is flash red, but damn, its different then mine hella tite

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

For the paint, can you shave something off without having to repaint the whole door? I there a difference after that in the color of the car?

·
Banned
19,340 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]would you like some soy sauce with your rice. only my opinion but euros should stay looking like euros otherwise by a honda.[HR][/HR]​

what car are you calling rice? first of all, like Ducky said...you may want to research "eurofied dubs" to find out exactly what they are qualified as. I highly recommend you don't come onto Vortex and call an awesome euro dub "rice". That doesn't go over well AT ALL. Just a little advice for you in the future!

·
Registered
22,003 Posts
Re: Smoothing Body? (houstonspeedfreek)

quote:[HR][/HR]The place where I got all my bodywork done charges $300 per handle for shaving.[HR][/HR]​
is that normal peoples prices or what you paid.. i thought you got a deal on it.. if i get a votex front i might shave the rub strips.. i def want to shave the hood notch..

·
Registered
2,119 Posts

Eh hem.... NEWBIE.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Re: Smoothing Body? (DuckyGTI)

There isn't anything wrong with smoothing out a car...not everyone has to be a fan of it but it does look nice...I personally prefer Audi door handles with a nice kit smoothed to the body...this car here has the wing smoothed to the body and it takes a lot of hard work and I don't care if some people think that this car is ricey because the work that was put into this car is almost amazing as the paint itself...20 hours spent on each sideskirt alone just to make them perfect, that's why this car won the hottest car in Canada at Darknights in toronto...the paint is simply amazing...

And a shot of the wing

PS this guy ownes his own body shop so all the work was done by him...oh yeah I just remembered how you guys were talking about smoothing out a car should stay with the honda's but I thought that I'd show you a car that if done properly can actually look good

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

Jackass...

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Re: Smoothing Body? (ONEsickVDUB)

quote:[HR][/HR]would you like some soy sauce with your rice. only my opinion but euros should stay looking like euros otherwise by a honda.
Eh hem.... NEWBIE.
[HR][/HR]​
I think its better said as idiot. Sure you don't have to like it, which would be weird because then you should not be in the VW community. But say you dont like it, you still can not call it rice... a) because your car doesnt look half as good, and b) thats not rice its euro, and who uses the word rice that much either. Get a life.

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
Re: Smoothing Body? (DuckyGTI)

quote:[HR][/HR]is that normal peoples prices or what you paid.. i thought you got a deal on it.. if i get a votex front i might shave the rub strips.. i def want to shave the hood notch.[HR][/HR]​
No, I got sponsorship prices. If you want to check thier prices out to get an idea, go to http://www.rccautosports.com

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.