VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So , here's my ute build kind of a round about build but finally coming together. It was originally going to based on a '03 gli 24v vr, but car was too clean to chop . So bought a 02 1.8t
Bought a gli , popped the vr out of the 03 and in went the 1.8t

The gli with 1.8t going in ....

The 1.8t had been in this 02 , which I'd pulled out for painting the bay .

Did maintenance on BDF vr , chains , guides, gaskets , clutch

The ute after Paint . Lambo superleggera grey

And with BDF installed

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
more progress today . I'm down to one storage bin of parts !
Can't wait to get this one done , I'm flipping on to my mk6 R wagon project next .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Such a great color! Will be ordering a kit in the summer for a project car with my son and I. Is there an option to get the 1/8 cab with or without a window (I have seen it both ways)?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Such a great color! Will be ordering a kit in the summer for a project car with my son and I. Is there an option to get the 1/8 cab with or without a window (I have seen it both ways)?
I'm not a fan of that small window . So had it shaved . Also bonded the box sides to the rear window "cap". I don't like the look of that line otherwise with the stock kit .

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well done! and quick turn around :beer:
Ya , I wish! It's been over a year since I got the kit ! Between my workload and my body guy's workload it's taken forever . But since it's been back from paint it's been quick.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.