VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I as I turned on the car there was a message that I could not read completely, but said something about "immobili" etc. The message disappeared almost instantly and as the car started there was a very loud pop and a sort of flashing light from somewhere inside the car.

The pop sounded as if it came from a blown speaker, since I do not have much experience blowing speakers, I imagine that is how blown speakers sound. The light I have no idea from where it came. Everything happened on the driver side of the car.

The car seems to be working OK. The entertainment system works, the lights inside the car all seem to work, and later today I will test the speakers side to side to see if any are missing.

Very Strange happening. Does anyone have any ideas about the cause?

Thank you,

cai

·
3,436 Posts
Is it worth having a look at the fuses behind the access door above the pedals? If one blew with a flash, that should be very obvious to see.

And do a scan, naturally.

Chris

·
3,436 Posts
Also, do you have wet feet after you drive? (lots of electronics & power distribution under the carpet - water there is potentially disastrous).

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for all the suggestions. Did a VAG-COM scan and the only errors of importance were:

on address 08 Auto HVAC:

01274 - air flow flap positioning motor (V71)
014 - defective

and address 09 cent. elec.:

00907 - intervention load management
000 - -

There were two other intermittent errors on address 05 - acc/start auth.

As for water on the floor, I do not see any, but I have the rubber mats. I also do not carry much water with me in my shoes.

I will bring it to the dealer and have them check or replace the defective motor.

cai

·
3,436 Posts
Hi cai,

Would it be a good idea to run through the very complete HVAC diagnostics using the VCDS scanner, before committing to what could be quite a labour intensive dealership job? Some of those motors are buried deep.

That flap motor scan fault might be a random error, caused by the load management intervention spike that you scanned. Which in turn could have happened when the visible flash occurred.

Chris

PS - edit - sorry, I didn't mean you were bringing water into the car on your shoes, I meant that if the floor was wet it would leave your shoes wet afterwards! But that was just me being obscurely 'amusing', the carpet has a vapour barrier and water in the floor recesses where the equipment hides does not necessarily soak the carpet. My playing this down is because it's potentially such a big electrical problem if water is leaking in, and I didnt want to create alarm and dispondancy.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Chris:

Thank you for the advice. I concur with you that water could leak inside and I am going to lift the rubber mats to check underneath. Your idea of doing a single address scan to see if this is an isolated incident. Is the motor number V71? Maybe it can be identified and tested in another manner.

In any event, I will call the dealer first and ask them if they can identify this further. The car is under the platinum warranty, so I will also inquire about coverage.

cai

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.