VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wake up to rain. Hear on the radio and tv that schools are closed, late, etc. because of snow. I guess Seattle is in this "halo" of rain but everywhere else is getting snow. I wanted to see some snow

Is it snowing there?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Re: Snow (DUHSHET)

Man, on my way to school this morning commuting on 1-90 from NB it was crazy!
This was snow everywhere. I even down shifted to 2nd. And up @ the pass it was snowing real hard. I was up there last night and there was quite stormy! It's just a matter of time until the Summit opens & the shredding begins!

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Re: Snow (DUHSHET)

I woke up to snow in Olympia today, and my school is delayed two hours. The bummer is that today is "Late Start" which means that we would have started school at 9:30 anyway. Now we just start at 10:00. I'll just tell my mom that my car won't do good in the snow!

·
Registered
26,635 Posts
Re: Snow (sachiko)

SNOW?! WTF?!
Nothing here in West Seattle.

(but does this give me an excuse to call in late to work and drink hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps...?)

[Modified by SeattleGLI, 5:29 PM 11-28-2001]

·
Registered
862 Posts
Re: Snow (VWsnogirl)

Lots of snow in Bothell MillCreek area, almost wrekced my A2 on my way to work and wasn't even going over 20mph! Had to go down hill and practically slid the entire way down, tried the control the sliding and it somewhat worked, I ended up sliding to the side of the road and went into a small ditch, but managed to reverse and get out. There were like 4 cars piled up infront of me, they all slid into each other, gladly I got around them. I really think the Quaife helped me out when I was actually driving and not slipping. Go Quaife http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

[Modified by 1.8T A2, 2:03 PM 11-28-2001]

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Re: Snow (1.8T A2)

Little bit up here, hardly worth the mention. But nonight, when everything is wet http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif its supposed to drop to 29 up in b'ham overnight.
And i got one of the few covered parking spots.

·
Registered
15,165 Posts
Re: Snow (NimmidoGTI)

We had a bunch here in BRemerton. Wrecks all over ! My wife hit another car with the Civic and I almost kissed a gaurdrail, trying to drive with the TT wheels and 225/40's. Taking them off tonight and putting the stock 15's on.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.