VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

· Registered
3,475 Posts
Re: Snowbowl or Sunrise (JustinTheGIMP)

Either suits me fine , but if you want to cruise up to Durango i have many freinds we could stay with and go ski either purgatory , wolf creek or Telluride. FYI any time this season the offers out there. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Banned
2,332 Posts
Re: Snowbowl or Sunrise (Todesengel.)

Quote, originally posted by Todesengel. »
I've never even been in the snow. I want to go snowboarding but have no idea how. Also how much would it cost to rent everything.
I spent about $90 last time including rental and lift ticket. Just rent it in town and its cheaper.
Also, I voted for Snowbowl because either way I'll mostly be on the little lifts and its not worth going anywhere special if you wont even get to see it all.

· Registered
16,807 Posts
Re: Snowbowl or Sunrise (VR6inAZ)

Quote, originally posted by VR6inAZ »
id like to learn to snowboard too, skiing is just not cool anymore, lol. josh, you and i are gonna be the retarded kids falling on our asses all day long.

I will hang with you http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif I too fall often, and I have been like 8 times

· Banned
2,332 Posts
Re: Snowbowl or Sunrise (Todesengel.)

Quote, originally posted by Todesengel. »
Sweeet, remind me to pack my flask so when I fall it wont hurt so bad haha.
it doesnt hurt when you suck, cause you dont go fast enough, and trust me I know what I'm talking about when I say falling.

· Registered
7,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

id like to learn to snowboard too, skiing is just not cool anymore, lol. josh, you and i are gonna be the retarded kids falling on our asses all day long.

Count me in on the "suck" part...I know how to slide in a tube or sled...that's about it.......................................................

· Registered
6,700 Posts

I've been skiing since I was 7, and I tried snowboarding for a couple years. I'm back on skis again. It's just not that interesting imho.

· Registered
2,158 Posts
Re: Snowbowl or Sunrise (bizzeau)

Quote, originally posted by bizzeau »

Count me in on the "suck" part...I know how to slide in a tube or sled...that's about it.......................................................

I'm with Beau, but down to go. I'll bring the ski ropes from the boat and we pull sledders around with the car...VERY VERY VERY FUN!!!

· Registered
16,807 Posts
Re: Snowbowl or Sunrise (1.8T Grocery Getter)

Quote, originally posted by 1.8T Grocery Getter »

I'm with Beau, but down to go. I'll bring the ski ropes from the boat and we pull sledders around with the car...VERY VERY VERY FUN!!!

Ah yes, hooky bobbin' ............very fun indeed, only problem is, if there is a serious accident involved with it you feel really dumb, but fun as long as everything stays safe.

· Registered
218 Posts

grrrrr, this sounds like so much fun and i don't get to go. So plan a second one that is a little later in december or in january, so those of us that have finals can go too.

· Registered
7,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote, originally posted by 1.8T Grocery Getter »

Hell yeah...you and me can get all sh!tty and have Drunken Sled matches...build a snow ramp...who ever gets the most air winds... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

And Eric...yeah...i'm with you...this is going to be FUN...can't wait... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif Just need to check the conditions over the next week, figure out a place for all of us to stay, and get our asses up there and have some fun!

· Registered
7,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Snowbowl or Sunrise (JustinTheGIMP)

So, from the poll, I gather that the majority consensus is that we go to Sunrise...soooooo...I'm going to do some searches and make some calls to see if we can get a cabin up there somewhere...

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.