VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it is...

I was able to walk out with a 2005 Honda Element EX AWD w/ 3.9% financing for 60 months for $24,000 (including financing, tax, etc)
After driving my Civic for several years I needed something a lot bigger. My wife already has one of these but I decided to throw in a couple other choices: Scion xB and Cadillac CTS. Can you really pick 3 more different vehicles/markets? (Incidentally the other car I really wish was on the market at this time was the Saturn Aura. But who knows if Saturn is going to be around long term.)
The Caddy dealers would not even come close to what I wanted. The car is simply too new and they would not even negotiate hardly. Otherwise I really loved the CTS.
The Scion xB was a real treat. It seemed like a great car and I was suprised at it's power even with an automatic. My only real issue is xB production is now at 16-20 weeks. There was only one xB on the lot and I was told the demand is so high I would have to wait nearly 5 months for one.
My biggest surprise shopping however is that the dealers were offering $2000k more on my Civic than Kelly Blue Book. My '02 Civic LX Sedan at 46k miles w/ the options/condition I have is around $8,100. The dealers wanted to give me $10,000!

Just thought I'd share

Modified by orbit at 10:59 AM 6-26-2005

·
Registered
9,723 Posts
Elements are cool versatile toys.
I'd rock one but, I'd have to paint the cladding.

Just don't do this!

Modified by MRVW01 at 2:48 PM 6-26-2005

Modified by MRVW01 at 3:14 PM 6-26-2005

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Re: So after 3 years I bought another car... A marketers worst nightmare indeed! (orbit)

well congrats and all, but I have to ask, how much did you pay for your 2002 Civic? All in, including finance charges?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Re: (HNT GLI)

Seriously cool car. I love them, just wish Honda would give them us in the UK - "we believe we already enough great cars in the UK" was there response!

That blue, black and silver Element looks fantasic!

·
Registered
981 Posts
Re: (VW_GB)

Quote, originally posted by VW_GB »
Seriously cool car. I love them, just wish Honda would give them us in the UK - "we believe we already enough great cars in the UK" was there response!

Heh heh. I love Top Gear

So would you really buy one if it were available?

·
Banned
36,395 Posts
Re: (VW_GB)

Quote, originally posted by VW_GB »

That blue, black and silver Element looks fantasic!

Haha, I'd love to see those granmas roaming the streets in Elements.

·
Registered
16,092 Posts
Re: So after 3 years I bought another car... A marketers worst nightmare indeed! (orbit)

Quote, originally posted by orbit »

The Scion xB was a real treat. It seemed like a great car and I was suprised at it's power even with an automatic. My only real issue is xB production is now at 16-20 weeks. There was only one xB on the lot and I was told the demand is so high I would have to wait nearly 5 months for one.

They had to be bull****ing you on that one.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Re: (MRVW01)

Quote, originally posted by MRVW01 »
Elements are cool versatile toys.
I'd rock one but, I'd have to paint the cladding.

Just don't do this!

Modified by MRVW01 at 2:48 PM 6-26-2005

Modified by MRVW01 at 3:14 PM 6-26-2005

DAUMNN, I never thought you could get that car to look soo good

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
My best friend had a '93 Civic that she bought new. She just bought an '05 Accord EX-L and got it for $21,6 cash. She then sold her 12 year old Civic to Carmax for $1,400. Pretty good, imho.
Edit to add: Congratulations on your Element! My husband and I have considered one as a replacement for our XC70 which we'll be turning in this December. We have a dog we haul around and like the utility of the Element.

Modified by LelloBeetle at 6:12 PM 6-26-2005

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote, originally posted by Dubai Vol »
but I have to ask, how much did you pay for your 2002 Civic? All in, including finance charges?

At the time I paid around $18,000 with finance charges.

Quote, originally posted by Corbic »
They had to be bull****ing you on that one.

Maybe. But the only xB they had was only for test driving purposes. So it wasn't like they were trying to dump a car on me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.