VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to buy a GTI... love the car, except I am going to be really pissed off if I have to start going to the dealership to fix all sorts of little "bugs" + that would also leave me with a doubt as to the overall quality of the rest of the car...
Tell me some of you have had no problems so I don't have to think of getting a Civic... please?????

· Registered
21,270 Posts
Re: So anybody with NO problems on the GTI???? (vwpanther)

There was already a thread about this kicking around. Loads of people with zero issues.

· Registered
21,270 Posts
Re: (caj1)

Quote, originally posted by caj1 »
1st year cars are going to have issues, regardless of manufacturer. Either have some patience or deal with it.

I have a first-year Civic SiR (1999) - the throw-out bearing started squeaking at 30k kms, and still squeaks at 170k kms. I had to replace the bushings in the front suspension at 100k kms, and both rear bearings had to be replaced not long after. My car has been doing the Honda heatshield rattle since 60k kms. The driver's window regulator broke - twice - before 60k kms. None of these things represented major malfunctions that have hampered my overall enjoyment of the vehicle, and it has always been dependable.
I expect a certain number of issues when I get my GTI, but early results on the MkV look promising.

· Registered
24,318 Posts
Re: So anybody with NO problems on the GTI???? (Double-V)

Quote, originally posted by Double-V »
There was already a thread about this kicking around. Loads of people with zero issues.

Yes.

· Banned
5,171 Posts
Re: So anybody with NO problems on the GTI???? (feels_road)

Hopefully we will se fewer issues than most first year models, since the MK5 has been out in Europe. I know it is not exactly the same as what we are getting in the states. but hopefully that helps.

· Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: So anybody with NO problems on the GTI???? (VWPartsManager)

I appreciate the input... I precisely asked because usually the only people who post are the ones with problems and it makes it seems like the car is plagued with them...
I guess my other choice, which is the Civic --and I don't like as much, would probably have its share of hassles too.

· Registered
2018 Golf GTI Autobahn | 1993 VW Corrado SLC | 2022 Porsche 718 Boxster T
6,302 Posts
Re: So anybody with NO problems on the GTI???? (Nickel98)

Well, no problems since I rolled off the lot...some PDI issues, and one damaged item that happened somewhere between the factory and the dealer I guess - being fixed this Saturday. That and the little red brown freckles on the paint that (I think) Placenta reported, too.

· Registered
310 Posts
-1 problems
My GTI actually FIXED a problem that I had with it before I bought it, that being that it wasn't mine.
And now, thats fixed
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by AndyAtUMD at 4:25 PM 3-14-2006

· Registered
1,155 Posts
Re: So anybody with NO problems on the GTI???? (vwpanther)

Not a single issue, no problems.
Don't forget that the MKVs, including the GTI, were out in Europe and elsewhere for over a year before coming to the US. Every manufacturer has problems - look at the recent 100,000+ recalls on American cars, pickup trucks, and SUV's. What matters is how your local VW dealer resolves your problems IF you have any.
With 200 HP at the wheels (a search will verify) and a manual or DSG transmission you will have a blast without trashing your warranty. Go ahead pull the trigger and buy your GTI. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.